Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at an Orange 04 636. There is only one dealer in my area that has any 04's yet and he wants $7,500 + tax.
Have anyone bought or priced one yet?
Just curious what they're are selling for elsewhere.

·
Registered
586 Posts
bought my orange 04 on friday thats a great price for it. I got a little better deal but thats cause this was the second bike I bought from this guy. By the way great choice on color but as far as I know I was the FIRST;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update....
The dealer accepted my offer of $7,700 OTD for the orange '04 636
Sounds pretty good to me.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You are living in a bike prices paradise. We pay about 30% more over here in Germany.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'd call that a pretty good deal. MSRP is 8K, so 7700 OTD is pretty good. Just make sure you don't pay for setup, freight, or any other BS charges. ;)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Can someone tell me more on why setup and freight are BS charges? When I go talking to the deal, I want to know how much it actually costs for them to get my future bike into the showroom. What is a good price (no tax+title etc. because it's different in every state) what should just the bike cost?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked up the bike yesterday. I paid for the bike + tax = $7,700. No setup, freight, or anything else.

It is awesome!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm lookin to buy a 636 or RR but am curious what kinda OTD prices in California are. To be used primarily as a track bike.
Was $7700 OTD in CA? If so what dealer did you go thru.

·
Registered
64 Posts
$8,000 total OTD. '04 Silver 636. Atlanta, GA bought last Saturday. I love it. So much power and I have only got it to 7K RPM so far.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
jbone: decent price considering you only have one dealer to deal with. Where I live, there are several dealers and all sell quite a few bikes so the turnover rate is pretty good.

nexus: yes all states are different and the setup charge is a load of shit. Supply and demand has a big impact on whether they will deal or not. Do a search on here, I know for one Strong Bad has posted some photos of what the bike looks like in the crate and other members here sell bikes as well. Good luck and don't let them "sucker" you in!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I would have to say a good price would be anything under 8 b/c that is msrp. Most dealers won't knock off more than $300 or $400. I don't know why. They have got to be making anywhere from $1500-$2000 off of each one. My local dealer still has a yellow 02 and they are asking $6799. I paid $400 less than that last year. And now there is a dealer in Charlotte that is taking $6000 for 03 636's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.