Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much should a replacement for a 2002 rear tire cost? I think it's a D207??? Danke.

2002 Yellow/Black...Weee!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Can you still get the D207? Turn-in is slow but I like the predictable nature of the tire, despite it's critics. I've also heard that the D207zr is favored as a better gripping tire than the 208.

Green/Black 01ZX6r. LP LP flushmount v's, tank guard. Removed decals, 2002 rear fairing, Pyramid hugger

96 SVT Cobra Black/Tan Vert 32V. Not stock!

93 Blue Probe GT 24V Commuter car.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The D207 will soon be unavailable.

Do not confuse the off-the-shelf D208 with the OEM D208 on the Yamaha YZF-R1 and Honda CBR954RR, for instance. An OEM fitment often weighs less than its off-the-shelf counterpart, compromising performance to reduce the bike's dry weight.

The off-the-shelf D208 likely performs better in every way, including grip, than the D207.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
A few guys around here have switched over to Michelin Pilot Sports and I've yet to hear a complaint. One of the guys (R1) loves 'em. My next set is either Bridgestone BT010's or Pilot Sports. But I think I can get the 010's cheaper so that's what I'll go with. I had 010's for a while on my old bike and really likes 'em. That was just street use.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The 6R I just got came with Pilot Race - soft compound, the rider who had it before me swore by them. I think I would prefer Pilot Sports.

Go green or go home...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.