Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you can get a rear wheel in decent shape for 140-200$ average shipped. Now, when it comes to the front one, average is like 200-350$ even without the rotors ! Why such a difference ?

I bought a set from a member here for a very decent price. Repainted them to match my next paint.. Now I'm totally in love with chrome/candy wheels, but don't want to send the one I've repainted so I'm looking for a second sec. Found the rear for 140$ shipped, but front rims are hard to find, and when you do, they are expensive !!

??

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
"Supply and Demand"

In most cases when a bike has been in an accident, the front wheel sees the brunt of the crash while the rear wheel hardly sees any damage at all. Therefore there are more rear wheels in good shape on the market than front wheels, this in turn drives the costs up for front wheels.

:)

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
:plusone:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
"Supply and Demand"

In most cases when a bike has been in an accident, the front wheel sees the brunt of the crash while the rear wheel hardly sees any damage at all. Therefore there are more rear wheels in good shape on the market than front wheels, this in turn drives the costs up for front wheels.

:)
simple economics :p

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
They made more rear wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts