Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the going rate for installing a rear tire and how much to install a 520 conv kit. front and rear sprocket with chain,.

·
Registered
188 Posts
All i know about tire fees is i take my own wheels off and take them in to the shop that way... cheaper. I pay $35 per wheel for change tire, mount, new valve stem, and balance. Plus of course the cost of the new tire and a $2 tire disposal fee.

Changing sprockets and chains is cheap labor if your taking the bike in for a new rear tire anyhow. My guess is cost of parts + $20 to install the new chain/sprockets.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,430 Posts
Sprocket and chain should be more than the tire, for install. Especially if you're taking it to a dealer, they charge everything separately rather than total man hours...i.e. they have set times for everything, like they charge 1/2 hour for a rear tire change, and 1 hour for the chain and sprocket swap, rather than the 1 hour it actually takes to do both if you do them at the same time. Most small motorcycle shops only charge for the time it takes, and any place can change tires, chain and sprocket.

Most dealers by me charge $35 for a tire if you bring them the wheel, and $70 for chain/sprocket. The race shop by my work charges $20 for tire install if you buy it there, and you don't have to remove your wheels first (plus they have the best tire prices I've found anywhere, better than mawonline and other internet places, so why not buy there).

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt
Sprocket and chain should be more than the tire, for install. Especially if you're taking it to a dealer, they charge everything separately rather than total man hours...i.e. they have set times for everything, like they charge 1/2 hour for a rear tire change, and 1 hour for the chain and sprocket swap, rather than the 1 hour it actually takes to do both if you do them at the same time. Most small motorcycle shops only charge for the time it takes, and any place can change tires, chain and sprocket.

Most dealers by me charge $35 for a tire if you bring them the wheel, and $70 for chain/sprocket. The race shop by my work charges $20 for tire install if you buy it there, and you don't have to remove your wheels first (plus they have the best tire prices I've found anywhere, better than mawonline and other internet places, so why not buy there).
hey, where's this @? might have to jump on i4 a get me a new tire soon....is this rate just for you or for anyone?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.