Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You did very good work. But personnaly, I think that anything more than just a plate is ugly. The tail of this bike should be sleek and smooth not cluttered. Also, You really need to trim your tag just a little. I took a 1/4" off of every side. and it looks much better now. But my tag was only 4"x7" to begin with yours looks like it is at least 6"x7". But het, at least you won't have to worry about someone not seeing you from the back at night![:p]

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Very, Very nice job!

Hey what kind of Tailbag is that? It looks really big.
I'm in the market that's why I ask. I'm wondering if I get a big enough tailbag to go with my tankbag I won't need saddlebags.

-Jack
'03 636 black

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by Sh1n5

Nice work! You must lose about 10mph with the size of that plate;), thank god our plates aren't that large.

Well duh.. Depends on what you concider to be a size XL plate :D
The blinkers are still off, and those aren't here to stay :)

-Creep-
03 636

·
Registered
91 Posts
Tee hee, yeah the plate is rather large, it's UK legal size. People do have smaller ones here but the cops like nothing better than to issue fines and rectification notices for things like that and race pipes. I just wanted to avoid the hassle. I know the end result isn't perfect but I think it's as good as I can get and keep it legal.

First metalwork I've done since school and probably took a lot longer than it should have but I had fun! :)

The tailpack is actually part of a luggage system by Oxford Luggage ( http://www.oxprod.com/ ). In that pic it's in expanded mode, there's a zip to shrink it if need be. There's also a tankbag which you can zip underneath or use separately. Very nice system, good quality... not sure if they make that particular model anymore, but check out their site.

·
Registered
91 Posts
OK, I know it's not as pretty as the ones I've seen on here but do I get the prize for the most elaborate, home-made fender eliminator yet?

I wanted to keep it 100% legal so had to keep the reflector, numberplate light and the HUGE plate. Also kept the original bungy hooks and indicators (they're smaller than the ones in the States so not too ugly!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.