Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year i had landed a wheelie VERY hard and since then but i think even before,ive been hearing a clicking sound on the upstroke of the forks never down.i replaced the stem bearings and it didint change a thing so i know its in the forks.i searched and it seems alot of other people have had this problem, a clicking in the front end.

is it anything to wory about?ive been getting some pretty good headshake undr hard accel on rough surfaces, would this be linked to the slicking in my forks.they seem to operate fine though.im also getting chattering under hard braking i was told its the rivets on my rotors but i really think its from this.even if its no prob, its a confidence thing i dont trust loose clicking parts

·
Registered
148 Posts
i had that same problem, from coming down to hard even broke my ram air. thought something was wrong just turned out to be a couple of things. my steetring stem nut was really loose was hand tight, and the bottom of the sterrring stay there was a bolt that was pretty lose. tightend both those and got a new ram air and is as good as new with no clicking. if your headshake is pretty bad i would really suggest a sterring stablizer not a good feeling to have loss of control at high speeds becasue of it, believe me...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i have a hyperpro rsc but took it off to sort this out.the damper does get rid of 95% of the headshake.i shouldint have even mentioned that as its not a prob anymore, but the chattering under hard braking is.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
The rotor Buttons are 99% most likely not your problem....you may get a bit of rattle but on stockers that is rare as well.
the issue with you buttoming your forks out can be as simple as fork seals or pending if there was an issue with the bottoming out springs...little springs to help out in just in case of this and bottoming out the suspension under braking.

you said you replaced the head bearings with new ones, have you rechecked them and make sure they are proper torque?
have you checked your sag on the bike at all?
have you check the rotors with a runout gauge for trueness and cut them out of the equation (warped/bent)...what i would start with personally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts