Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm a newbie with 02 zx6r. I was hearing this clicking noise when the bike is idling. But now when I took it for a ride, in 1str gear when I get pass 6000 rpm my bike feels like its goanna stall. The when i shift into 2nd gets worst in a lower rpm. I can't even ride it in 3rd gear. I think it could be the tranny or the clutch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the click gets faster the longer the bike idles. When in netural I can rev it up to 12k with no problem. But when i ride into 3rd gear my bike steams to want to stall. I hold in the clutch and try to rev it but it feels like it still wants to stall.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
OH NO the dreaded clicking.... NOOOOOOOOO MAKE IT STOP......

is it really loud or just a little clicking... if so its the kawi click, get used to it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not worry about the clicking but now I can't get pass 6k on 1st gear or ride in any other gears.

·
Registered
532 Posts
yes and while you got the tank off check all your lines coming from the front of the box. there should be two that come from the air scoop area that have to be hooked up. check all you other hoses and then your airfliter. put it all back together and give it a whirl. as far as the clicking it may be your cam chain ten. good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
empty the tank, check all the hoses, clean the air filter, and ever changed the spark plugs. Nothing made a different just bout ready to give up and take it to a shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.