Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I would like to thanks everyone in the forum who spend time and wrote out all the instruction and tips for lowering kit and swing arm spool installation. I just installed them last Friday. For the soupy's handle riser: 1. The riser fitting was not perfectly aligned. The 3 out of 4 soupy's screws had hard time screwing back to the handle bars. 2. The brake cable ran short so that I unscrewed one of the small clip mounted to the middle of the fork and unable to put it back. It doesn't seem to be a big deal since the cable is not able to move anyway with the stretch after installation. For the soupy's lowering link: 1. Big mistake: the center core of the links keep scratching my suspension. The OEM dog bone was flat. The soupy's links are a cylinder. No matter how I turn the core, it still scratching my suspension. For the swingarm spools I got from ebay which they claimed is OEM parts: 1. They provided a cone shape extension, but it doesn't do anything. There is still about 1/4" screw thread exposed. Well, as long as i could use the stand with it. I won't complain. But the scariest thing after the installation was : Once I started the engine, a sharp explosion sound came out. I turned off the engine right the way. It sounded like an explosion in the engine. Anyone has an idea what was it? I checked if I disconnected anything, everything was connected, then I started the engine few minutes later, everything was fine. I drove it on Sat & Sun, nothing happened except I could hear scratching noise from the suspension and the fenders when I riding through bumps. Please help and comment. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I had no problems installing the front kit and the bolts in my kit lined up. Did you try swapping the blocks around to get the best fit before final installation of the bolts?

The brake hose was a tight fit, but it worked. Did you lower your forks when you installed the front lowering kit?

If the rear link touches, let them know and they should either have you try a different link or a full return of your money.

Backfire is a common thing. Don't twist the throttle prior to start up and it might help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Ichiro and Kkim.

Ichiro and Kkim, thanks for the explanation regarding to the "explosion". Now I feel more comfortable riding my bike.

Ichiro, I did try all possible position for the risers, try different bolt in different hole, and loosen the lower and upper clamp to lower the front. They just didn't fit perfectly as I expect as the parts are exclusive for the bike, but I was able to install them forcefully.

This is my first bike and the first time ever modifying any machine, very clumsy. Glad that I found this forum. The dealer wants to charge me $375 for lowering my bike, but that's included cutting my kick stand.

I spent 3 hours lowering my bike, and I still haven't cut my kick stand yet, but it makes me feel that me and my bike is getting to know each other. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts