Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently had to reinstall my carbs to the airbox on the bike, I made them work for now. I apparently had forgot to tighten my rear brake caliper bolts on the bike, so while riding today they flew off, my caliper was hanging off the bike and I noticed when I stopped thank god. Also, It seems that my water pump has been shot, I just started seeing antifreeze spewing from under the bike, where the water pump and hose are... So questions, What is the size of the rear caliper bolts on the brake? Dealer said it didn't show on their catalog, and Is my water pump for sure shot? This has never happend, so beyond frustrated with this bike.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Official n00b
17,537 Posts
Why did you have your calipers off to work on the carbs?

And were you working on the water pump or something near it before you noticed the leak? Just trying to figure out if this is a coincidence that this is all stuff is failing after you messed with the bike.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so replaced the bolts, both are on really good. Took apart the water pump and noticed part of the gasket had lots of grime stuck to it, cleaned that, and noticed the bottom hose of the water pump has a o-ring and i just tried to get that on as good as possible, Should I replace that o-ring? I cranked the bike up with no leaks now... just want to make sure. The caliper was off because last week I was replacing my chain on the bike and had my tire off. Completely forgot. But yeah, I hate the airbox and carb shit, I want to get pods now. I barely got the carbs to connect to the airbox with clamps. Anybody have a good DIY on pods, whatever gets rid of that pos airbox.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
took it for a ride, I will be replacing that o-ring, i saw one speck of antifreeze so I will do that tomorrow. As for the airbox, damn thing is loose AGAIN, so I don't even know what Im gonna do.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
instead of using the spring clamps for the airbox, which i don't have, I tried using 2 inch hose clamps, but that doesn't seem to work at all...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts