Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres the thing i put neons on my bike a year ago in the summer and didnt ride it much in the winter. But here recently ive had some trouble with the battery staying full charge. It will start perfectly then after i ride for awhile it seems like the power of the battery isnt as strong

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
First, trickle charge it overnight. If that doesn't work...
next, take it to autozone and get it tested.

Make sure all your lights are off when you're done riding

·
Registered
123 Posts
So heres the thing i put neons on my bike a year ago in the summer and didnt ride it much in the winter. But here recently ive had some trouble with the battery staying full charge. It will start perfectly then after i ride for awhile it seems like the power of the battery isnt as strong
How does it seem like the power of the battery isn't as strong? Can you describe exactly what the bike does, and when it does it?

·
Registered
88 Posts
You can rent a multimeter from Advance. They actually have rental tools you can buy and return for a full refund. I did this to get a vacuum bleeder once. I couldn't beleive it but the guy actually recommended this. They actually make you buy it and return it and theres no charge at all!:eek: But yeah they can test your battery for you. If it turns out to be the battery pick up a Batter Tender Jr. offline or from your local dealer. It trickle charges your battery on your bike at .75 amps and then maintains the charge while being stored for long periods of time. It comes with a couple of pigtail harnesses so you can install the charger cable and unplug/reconnect the charger with out taking any panels off of your bike. I've got a pigtail on my triumph and my kawasaki and swap them back and forth when the weather sucks and I can't ride.

Oh yeah and Advance stocks the battery for the 05-06 ZX6R but don't go off what the computer says look at the battery for the model number. They sold me the incorrect battery based on their computer's recommendation I had to take it back and exchange it for the right one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can rent a multimeter from Advance. They actually have rental tools you can buy and return for a full refund. I did this to get a vacuum bleeder once. I couldn't beleive it but the guy actually recommended this. They actually make you buy it and return it and theres no charge at all!:eek: But yeah they can test your battery for you. If it turns out to be the battery pick up a Batter Tender Jr. offline or from your local dealer. It trickle charges your battery on your bike at .75 amps and then maintains the charge while being stored for long periods of time. It comes with a couple of pigtail harnesses so you can install the charger cable and unplug/reconnect the charger with out taking any panels off of your bike. I've got a pigtail on my triumph and my kawasaki and swap them back and forth when the weather sucks and I can't ride.

Oh yeah and Advance stocks the battery for the 05-06 ZX6R but don't go off what the computer says look at the battery for the model number. They sold me the incorrect battery based on their computer's recommendation I had to take it back and exchange it for the right one.
ok thanks big i will definatly try that out on monday and post what is up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.