Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, having an issue with my HID( h11 side lowbeam side)

when i start the bike, it looks like it wants to light but, like it ignites, but doesnt stay on, thought it would come on if i left it but it didnt...any ideas?

tia

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've heard a lot of people say you should start the bike with the lows and then wait like half a minute or so before turning on the highs. Just what I've heard...:dunno:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
That used to be my problem as well...until I bought fsanes hids. No problem anymore. I leave my high beam on and start the bike without blowing the 15amp fuse. The old junk ebay ones blew the fuse all the time...I think I spent $20+ just on fuses.

I just waited for like a min and then flicked on the high beam.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Put a 20 amp in the headlight spot, youll be fine. Thats what I do.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so its a fuse issue? thing is i tried starting the bike about 8 times to fire the HID and nothing, ignites but doesnt stay lit. i put my old bulb in for now which works fine...so is it a fuse in for the HL system, or HID system>

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh btw i only have hid for LOW BEAM

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
yeah i ordered up a set of FSANE 8ks HIDs for both sides and have been very happy. At first I was having the same problem you are. I contacted Ilya (FSane) and he said it was a good idea to start the bike with the low beams on only, and then wait 30 sec to fire up the highs. He also thought it could be a ballast problem, so I switched the ballasts over and so far it's working out.

My buddy here has a set of FSANE 6ks, and he fires them up together (high and low) and has not had a problem yet.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bah Looks Like Its A Bulb Really, Is It A H11?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I bought mine off ebay and ive had them for almost 10 months without a single problem...

And its not a "fuse" thing. It the amount of power the HIDs draw when they first start up. A large amp fuse lets more power through which supplies the ballasts. A bigger fuse is all you need and your problems are solved! Trust me! I had a 10 amp in there when I first installed them and was experiencing the same things...upgraded the fuse...not a single problem. I start my bike with the low and high on too.

BTW h9 & h11 have the same base to them.. My bike has 2 h11's.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW h9 & h11 have the same base to them.. My bike has 2 h11's.

so do you have both on at the same time all times?
or does the low beam work with the h9 bulb?
no one around here has an h11

·
Registered
138 Posts
so do you have both on at the same time all times?
or does the low beam work with the h9 bulb?
no one around here has an h11
You can get both h11's or h9's. They will both fit into each headlight. And yes both lights are on at all times with me....well most of the time, but they work fine. The bulbs you get can both be h9 , both h11, or one of each, it doesnt really matter.

·
Registered
138 Posts
CHeck your connections too. Make sure they are tight and cant be wiggled loose by engine/road vibrations. Throw some electrical tape around them to be safe and to keep them waterproof.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts