Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
too scared to get it that high, but i do recall reading someone posting something similar, not sure if it was in this group or the newbie group. Its not that old should be able to find it easy if you search the next few pages.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, there is another thread that is recent on this. Check general Zx6R section or 2 wheel discussion.
I had this problem with the last Zx6 I had (it was a D). Turned out the carbs had gotten gummed up, my friend suggested an italian tune up (stark bike while parked and rev engine lots) but in the end I had the carbs rebuilt. Solved the problem perfectly.

Good luck!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have had intermittent problems at that rpm range but i havent really done any diag on the bike yet because I plan on doing some mods soon and if it is a carb problem then it will most likely be fixed in the process. I really dont rev it that high very much anyhow though because it usually stops pulling a little before then and my exhaust is also loud so I try not to attract attention from the police..........

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah i have the same problem, guess its common. The only fix ive heard is to get the needles dropped a bit, mines in the shop now to have that done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.