Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem sliding my feet back to get my toes on the footpegs. Everyone one I ride with slides em back easily and I to kick my feet off the bike sideways and force em back. Im guessing because my legs are long. Is there anyway to fix this? anyone else have this problem?

·
Banned
150 Posts
I have a problem sliding my feet back to get my toes on the footpegs. Everyone one I ride with slides em back easily and I to kick my feet off the bike sideways and force em back. Im guessing because my legs are long. Is there anyway to fix this? anyone else have this problem?
I ride a 2006 ZX6R and have very long legs and a short torso. I stand about 6ft and it's all legs. Sounds weird right?

Anyway, I kinda have the same problem. But with that said, I don't put my toes on the footpegs. I usually go with the balls of my feet.

Initially, I use to take off and pull my feet up. My feet would naturally place themselves at the arch on my pegs, which is not the way to ride as I've been taught.

I started sitting more forward on the bike and gripping the tank with my knees instead of using my arms to hold me up.

Sitting more forward places me in a position to better place my feet the first time without realizing. Gripping the tank with my knees rotates my feet in a way that my toes aren't pointed out.

I also have vortex rearsets. I personally haven't played with them, but I've heard that they're adjustable. Something else to take a look into. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Not sure how moving the pegs back and maybe up is gonna help him. Not sure what the exact issue/problem is but all I can say is sit on your bike and see if positioning and practicing the motions gets you anywhere.
I assume that it is the riding position that he is looking for.

Up and back will put him in that position naturally and the rear set risers
will place the controls where they need to be in relation to his feet…
ready fot action.

Don’t know about you…
But I ride in anticipation on the next move.
Either according to plan or not.
Foot on break, ready to use.
Foot over shifter to down shift or under to up shift.

Riding with the balls of your feet or toes on the pegs just is not practical
or safe in my book.
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts