Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new to the forum and have looked for quick a while to find my specific problem, but no luck. So here's the deal, i buy this bike last fall which had a stutter only in the lower rpms. thought all that needed to be done was clean the carbs so i bought it. took it apart this winter and cleaned the carbs inside and out, put in new plugs, fresh gas. put it back together and still the same stuttering, but now it also hesitates for a good 2 seconds at about 4k rpm when i open up the throttle, then itll get back on track and wind up fine. all of my friends are speechless and id rather not get raped by bringing it in and having someone look at it. any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
reset the pm screws and sync it. make sure the vac pistons are working correctly ( at idle, blip the throttle.. they should all pick up)
inspect the pistons for holes in the bottom where they'be been drilled for dynojet jet kits. those holes are usually too big.. also, if they're aftermarket needles, inspect clip position.. or see if the stock shits are shimmed. or installed incorrectly. the E model does not have adjustable needles from the factory.

inspect vac lines, check float height. if it's not on that list it's something within the carb(s)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just ripped the carbs off again maybe an hour ago, i have the E model and dont remember seeing anything shimmed. what do i need to take apart to see the vac pistons? this is my first bike so im kinda new to this, never ripped a motor apart past the carbs. i will sync them when it gets a little warmer out. just looking for other tests i didnt think of to figure out this issue. thanks for the advice

·
Registered
28,313 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So threw the carbs back in last night and she started just fine. idle was a little funky and it was doing the same thing when i revved it (hesitating for a solid second at about 5k) but the vac pistons were working just fine. i almost wanna say maybe i just have to ride it for a solid 30 mins to get it back to its normal running conditions? also i should mention i balanced the carbs as closely as i could by eye. when it gets warmer ill use a vacuum gage and whatnot and do it legitimately. any other suggestions to this mystery would be greatly appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts