Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok .... so I found out that a friend of mine had been trying to get rid of an ATV that belonged to his son. His son had upgraded about a year ago. So I purchased an 85 Bayou 185, now my son's Christmas present :) .... it needed a battery and I was told the brakes were sticking. So I bought it ... I purchased a battery for $35 and the brakes simply needed a good cleaning (but I put $40 worth of shoes since I was in there).

I bought the ATV for $125 !!!!!!!! Not bad, huh? :)

So I decided that I would try to find me something to ride with him .... I found out that another friend (which had just sold my partner a dirt bike) had an ATV that he would sell me ... a 96 Bayou 220. So that became my Christmas present .... it wouldn't run but turned over fine, and needed a battery. After putting power on it I have found out that I need to rebuild the starter (no biggie) ..... I had no fire to the plug and found out that it was breaking down in the spark plug boot (the coil and wire was fine) .... so for $3 I purchased a boot and it fired up on the second pull :)

I bought the ATV for $200 !!!!!!!! Not bad, huh? :)

Now my wife wondered what her Christmas present would be, so I told her that she gets the fuel cans to keep full :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, my son absolutely LOVED his Christmas present :)

He hasn't hardly want to do anything else but ride, lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts