Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I am about to install a new exhaust on my 99 ZX6-R. I have selected a Hindle - oval ti can with the stealth baffle - . I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion of jet kits /jet sizes to use. I was also wondering which air filter to use , is BMC (?) the one to get ? Any help would be greatly appericated !

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Well,.....My 00' ZX6R has a full Hindle system ....there is a Factory Jet Kit installed.....I switch back and fourth from stock to K&N filters to ease cleaning chores...not much if any for performance....especially when considering the price of the filter....I usually recommend buying another stock filter to have clean and ready when it comes time.....
As far as the jet sizes go....can't recall...there is actually a 99 kit in my carbs.....so the numbers would actually help in this case.....they changed them in the 00-02 kit version.

I hear good things of the "Ivan's Jet Kits"....

Hope this helps.

Jason

Everyone has their own thing.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every bit helps ! I havent heard of Ivans , so I will have to do some looking ! Thanls for the help, Ned

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Y2k Zx6r with a full Hindle exhaust. I'm running K&N filters but I can't recall what size jet kits. I know that the jet kits are not factory though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.