Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw something on TV last night that you can install/attach to the handle bar ends so that in case your bike falls, the shifter/brake levers don't get damaged/bent. They were pretty much like an extension to the handle bar end (extending the handle bar).

Anyone know where I could buy some that would fit on my 2008 250? Anyone have these installed on their bikes? Do they actually work?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I wont be immature about it, if you mean longer bar ends check ebay or somewhere that sells aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It seems to me that anything like that that would make a difference would have to add several inches to either side. And then hope that the bars aren't turned when you go down.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Never heard of that. I have however heard of collapisblle.
They are on a hinge. Had them on my moto bike.

·
Registered
768 Posts
You're thinking of bar end sliders. I believe the 250 already has smaller alloy ones but I'm sure you can find something a little beefier if you try.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just cut your levers so you can, A) protect them since they don't extend out soo much and B) 2 finger it.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Huh what? :confused: The 250R already comes with bar-end sliders. And they work pretty good too. You don't need anything longer. It would just give the bars a better chance to puncture you on the way down.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Levers for the 250s aren't expensive i think you can get a brand new set for something like 10 bucks off ebay so I'd say it might be as cheap just to replace them if you break them.

·
Registered
448 Posts
This is one of the more confused threads I have seen. Based on the fact that he mentions"shifter" I think he is talking about the gear shift lever and rear brake and not the clutch or front brake levers.

If that is true, it must be something that sticks out from the handlebars so far that when the bike falls, the only thing that hits the ground is the "protector" that sticks out keeping stuff off the ground. Kind of like a super long bar end slider coming out of the handlebar?

Some people here are talking about the clutch and front brake levers and others must be talking about the foot shifter and rear brake and now I am so confused I forgot what I wanted to say. :confused: ...Never mind.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Yeah, Ichy, you know you're in the 250 forum when you read a thread like this one. :p

"...you can install/attach to the handle bar ends..." from the OP's first post tells me it has nothing to do with the foot controls. Bar ends already have sliders and installing longer ones would just be stupid (and probably dangerous), so yeah, I really have no idea what he's talking about either. The fact that he mentioned he saw them on TV is weird too. Is Billy Mays shilling bike parts between sales of Mighty Putty and the Awesome Auger these days? :eek:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ed Bargy sells a device called the Lever Guardian.

I have one on the SV that I race, but it's mor to keep the brake lever from getting tangled up with another bike/rider during close racing. It does, however, protect the clutch/brake levers during a fall.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts