Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was talking to some of my friends who ride yesterday and they brought something to my attention. Is there supposed to be a screen that goes behind the front wheel to protect the radiator and undercarriage of the exhaust and motor. I really havent noticed until they said anything. It just seems reasonable that something could be thrown up into radiator or exhaust..anyway..Sandy

Also when you lower the bike will it decrease the amount of space between the cowl and wheel. I just took that monstrousity of a fender and replaced it with a fender eliminator kit and man is there alot of room underneath there..Maybe Im just not used to seeing the bike like this...though it does look alot better...[8D]

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
they make screens. i see them on ebay for like $54. some will say" its just added weight", me, "its novelty and practicality(sp)"

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You're not missing anything, the bike does not come with a screen to cover that area. But it should IMO. I had a rock enter my rad this year. Next time you're at your dealer price a replacment rad...kinda scary! Thankfully I was able to repair/patch mine.

So the next day I set about making my own screen...this was very cheap & easy. Another of those mods I'll do to all my future bikes.

/forum/uploads/grunt_99/rad_screen3.jpg

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yeah that was taken just after a ride, was just warming up the chain so I could wax it...but it turned into a longer ride than I planned. It looked much better a couple of hours later :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.