Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself now that I am the proud new owner of a 2008 Kawi Ninja 250R. I just picked up a lime green one with 1200km on it. The thing is 100% mint, still with chicken strips, garage kept etc. Its so clean I could barely even give it the first wash.

This is my second bike, I previously had a 1988 Yamaha FZR250R. The old bike had alot more power, but i'm pretty impressed with the suspension/handling/braking of the ninja. The ninja is also alot more comfortable. I still loved the old FZR but it is nice to have something 20 years newer.

I look forward to doing some modding and customizing. In love with the lime green.

I think my first mod will be a Yoshi slip on, I also would like a set of frame sliders and spools.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Hey everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself now that I am the proud new owner of a 2008 Kawi Ninja 250R. I just picked up a lime green one with 1200km on it. The thing is 100% mint, still with chicken strips, garage kept etc. Its so clean I could barely even give it the first wash.

This is my second bike, I previously had a 1988 Yamaha FZR250R. The old bike had alot more power, but i'm pretty impressed with the suspension/handling/braking of the ninja. The ninja is also alot more comfortable. I still loved the old FZR but it is nice to have something 20 years newer.

I look forward to doing some modding and customizing. In love with the lime green.

I think my first mod will be a Yoshi slip on, I also would like a set of frame sliders and spools.
ZOMG, what a small world!!! You and I are from the same place. I, got the black 250. maybe, we could meet up and go riding sometime.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ZOMG, what a small world!!! You and I are from the same place. I, got the black 250. maybe, we could meet up and go riding sometime.

That is a small world. Yea I would be up for a meet. There are a few other 08 250s i've seen around Vic but not a huge amount.

I will probably try to snap some pictures today, although it looks like all the other green ones out there. I haven't really done much to it, just took off the front reflectors and hacked the rear mud guard/fender a little bit.

Today i'm going to attempt that gas cap mod to stop the annoying whistling.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey everyone,
I just thought I would toss up a couple pictures of my old FZR250 because I don't know if everyone here has seem them before. Pretty cool bikes, with a ton of power. 45hp and a 17k rpm redline.

I still don't have any pictures of my new 08 ninja250 but its a bone stock green one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh that is beautiful. !

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
I'll offer $255 and no higher.

I believe this to be beneficial for both parties.

Good day,

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
:Laughing rolling: Damn kkim broke out the soup nazi? He just kicked it up a notch in this negotiation!

·
Registered
315 Posts
NO SHIMMED NEEDLES FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the bike, Hammer. And that's a lovely Yami, looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hahah, nobody seemed to question why I bought a 08 ninja 250 when I already had a 250. Unfortuneatly this lovely, near mint, super rare FZR250 is no more. Obliterated in a crash, total writeoff, big trucks and little bikes dont really mix. Luckily I escaped with minor injuries.

So the new bike is the ninja.

I was pretty sad about losing such a cool bike, but it wasn't the most friendly to maintain, getting parts from Japan, and droping the header and whole exhaust system just to change the oil filter. I love my new ninja though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The FZR had more pure HP but the ninja is a bit better in the lower rpm range. But that being said the FZR had a 17k rpm redline so wasn't really meant for low rpm. The stock exhaust is also way better on the FZR, sounded awesome.

The ninja has much better suspension, brakes, ergos. Plus the reliability and ease of getting parts and aftermarket is huge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts