Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I fitted a pair of Puig aftermarket pegs and they look and feel awesome :cool:

Initially I thought of choosing the gold ones but thank God I went for this combo, it's a perfect match, the rubber part is exactly where it needs to be and they're also adjustable! First impressions are excellent and I am sure that the rubber bits will also help reduce the felt vibrations on the motorway, I will post about that and more info in general in the future :)

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
208 Posts
Today I fitted a pair of Puig aftermarket pegs and they look and feel awesome :cool:

Initially I thought of choosing the gold ones but thank God I went for this combo, it's a perfect match, the rubber part is exactly where it needs to be and they're also adjustable! First impressions are excellent and I am sure that the rubber bits will also help reduce the felt vibrations on the motorway, I will post about that and more info in general in the future :)
Interested in this, after my stock ones wore away i just replaced them with some full standard cheapo aluminium sportbike ones, you know the ones every supersport comes with :D, they were a bit vibey but despite being cheap, hold up remarkably well.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interested in this, after my stock ones wore away i just replaced them with some full standard cheapo aluminium sportbike ones, you know the ones every supersport comes with :D, they were a bit vibey but despite being cheap, hold up remarkably well.
I broke about a third of my left peg while turning during a track day, I had the feelers removed and luckily the bike did not cantilever. To be honest I got used to it and didn't care but when I saw a nice offer on these babies I had to buy them! My model had the racy, non rubber coated kind fitted OEM so I actively opted for the ones with the rubber bits to see if they will make any difference! The Kawi ones are of pretty high quality btw, nicely designed and weighing next to nothing. I will post thoughts about the new ones soon ;)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adjustable how? And what is the cost for one set? They look lovely on your bike (y)
Thanks, they just rotate like a tuning knob by loosening an allen bolt and you can use the white lines as a dial for reference. Pretty basic but still useful :)

The pegs and their adaptors come in different packages, they cost around 70 euros all included, I got them much cheaper. Impeccable quality, finish and fit.

I gave their base and hinges a wash, DW40 and some dry spray lube and they are good to go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The funny thing with your bike, I never liked the first gen Er6 aesthetically. It was pioneering for its time but not really beautiful. But with your bike, I don't know if it is the colour combo or the small things you've changed - it looks stunning and modern especially in your travel thread photos. Good choice once more, the pegs blend beautifully with the silver side blades (y)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So how are these Puig pegs vibration wise on the motorway?
Much, much better compared to the OEM ones!

But compared to your Versys OEM pegs, I don't know. Your bike already has rubberized pegs and much less vibration to start with, so why bother?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts