Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which one is better windscreen (regardless of price) Puig or Zero Gravity? Also which color matches better a black 08, smoke, dark smoke, or black.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i have a Puig dark smoke and it's very dark. I would go with a Puig dark smoke. The double bubble is also a nice touch as well

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have a Puig dark smoke and it's very dark. I would go with a Puig dark smoke. The double bubble is also a nice touch as well
You would go with the Puig dark smoke? You did!

Did you really notice much improvement over the stock windscreen with regards to wind protection?

Tim

·
Registered
397 Posts
There's definitely some improvement over the stock windscreen, meaning there's less head bobble and wind hitting my helmet when I tuck. With the stock windscreen, tucked or not made almost no difference. With the Puig, I definitely feel it

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I'm not aware of anyone who's purchased a Zero Gravity screen. There are lots of people here who have the Puigs, including myself. For that reason alone I'd go with Puig, but if you're looking for a lot of wind protection, Zero Gravity's "touring" shield is taller than the tallest Puig.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm not aware of anyone who's purchased a Zero Gravity screen. There are lots of people here who have the Puigs, including myself. For that reason alone I'd go with Puig, but if you're looking for a lot of wind protection, Zero Gravity's "touring" shield is taller than the tallest Puig.
The impression I get with the double bubble type screens is that they are more about looks. The wind protection is only slightly better. Is this you assessment as well?

Tim

·
Registered
333 Posts
The puig wind screen is a great product. I don't know how much better wind protection would be with the DB, but on my 05 636 I was finally able to see the gauge with the DB, lol. I am going with the puig for the 250. Owned it before, and was very impressed.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
The impression I get with the double bubble type screens is that they are more about looks. The wind protection is only slightly better. Is this you assessment as well?

Tim
Zero Gravity also makes a Double Bubble, but their Touring screen is a even taller. If I wanted the best protection from the wind, I'd get the touring model Zero Gravity. Since that's really not my main concern, I'm quite happy with my standard Puig.

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sportbikes/kawasaki_sptbks/281.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think most people are saying Puig just because they already have it, not because they had a choice and/or compared the 2 options.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Why get a racing windscreen you can't see through?

Aesthetics are king I suppose. When I finally order one... Clear Puig Double Bubble!

·
Registered
186 Posts
:needpics1:

I want pics of both options.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Why get a racing windscreen you can't see through?

Aesthetics are king I suppose. When I finally order one... Clear Puig Double Bubble!
I can see fine and dandy through my dark smoke PUIG. Plus how often are you relying on what you see through the screen. Even at full tuck only MAYBE 1/4 of my vision is taken up by the screen. PLUS if your doing some crazy twisty action you're not looking the the screen, you're tilting your head and looking through the curve right? :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I want pics of both options.
Puig: http://i10.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/01/8b/69b5_1.JPG
Zero Gravity: http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sportbikes/images/photo_bank/281/comp_1.jpg

i like the puig's smooth curve transition on their double bubble compared to the zero gravity's (way too sharp). My only problem with puig is that the fitting was pretty tight- had to make the holes on the bottom part slightly bigger. It's pretty cool that I don't hear any air when I tuck in the highway @45-50mph.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Puig: http://i10.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/01/8b/69b5_1.JPG
Zero Gravity: http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sportbikes/images/photo_bank/281/comp_1.jpg

i like the puig's smooth curve transition on their double bubble compared to the zero gravity's (way too sharp). My only problem with puig is that the fitting was pretty tight- had to make the holes on the bottom part slightly bigger. It's pretty cool that I don't hear any air when I tuck in the highway @45-50mph.
I do agree the transition is smoother but looking at the two pictures the Zero gravity DB looks much bigger. I might just get the zero gravity..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Let me know when you find it. I inquired about the ZG DB at my usual vendor and he told me ZG said the item isn't for sale yet. :(

I really prefer the ZG DB and will have one on my bike when they become available.
Why is it that you prefer the ZG DB over the Puig, just a matter of personal tastes? I'm in the market for a windscreen too and everyone seems to swear by Puig, but I've yet to see any ZG reviews. I'll be getting either a light smoke or clear windscreen.

-Anthony

1 - 19 of 19 Posts