Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winter I thought about pulling the head and maybe having the head ported and maybe installing a thin head gasket. How bad is it on the 10(2006)? Anybody done it yet? And I also thought about a set of velocity stacks and matched fuel injectors are they worth the money?? I have never heard anybody on hear talk about it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by sparkiesford
This winter I thought about pulling the head and maybe having the head ported and maybe installing a thin head gasket. How bad is it on the 10(2006)? Anybody done it yet? And I also thought about a set of velocity stacks and matched fuel injectors are they worth the money?? I have never heard anybody on hear talk about it.
Cause nobody had the nuts to do it yet or the coin lol.
Adding a cam to that set up would complete the transformation into a pure beast.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought about that too, but its all $, plus I don't have the know how to mess with the cams myself. That part scares me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah I thought about that too, but its all $, plus I don't have the know how to mess with the cams myself. That part scares me.
I hear ya. You'd be better off saving for everything you want, then get it all done at once, when the engine is open. Saves on labor costs. Plus you might be able to talk to a tuner who can suggest a whole package. Similat to buying heads, cams intake etc on a Mustang. Bette rto get a balanced/matched package that works better together. Good luck and keep us posted[:M88]

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually I was looking at packages today, since you said that. http://www.*removed*/index.html They don't have one yet for the 06. I really don't have that kind of cash to dump in to my bike any time soon anyways though. Thats why I was thinking if I could pull the head myself it would save myself a lot of green.

·
Registered
145 Posts
actually I was looking at packages today, since you said that. http://www.*removed*/index.html They don't have one yet for the 06. I really don't have that kind of cash to dump in to my bike any time soon anyways though. Thats why I was thinking if I could pull the head myself it would save myself a lot of green.
I can imagine how expensive that would be for a bike.The website link was removed so I can't look, but I bet it's $4K.
Good luck though with whatever you choose to do!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.