Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody. my 02 ive noticed seems to pull to the right. its tough to tell but ive tested it. ive also noticed that it pulls to the right when im riding wheelies. does this meen it is definiteley the back wheel being misaligned? the frame is straight and the forks are too. heres my question: when im adjusting the rear wheel, should i trust the marks on the frame or rather the number of turns on the tensioner bolt? im thinking the wheelis pointing right if it still pulls while on one wheel. is there any other method i can use to make sure the rear is exactly straight? i thought i got a good deal on this bike and it just keeps nickeln and dimen me to death:( thanks again guys.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You can't trust the marks. I noticed mine pulled to the right also. I aligned it by the marks and the checked it using a home brewed tool that works like a modified straight edge/string method. It was way off.

Your front forks could be out of alignment, too. If your bike has ever been knocked over or low sided they probably are.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Your bike may pull for a number of reasons, including a misaligned rear wheel.

You cannot accurately align the wheel by either the swingarm marks or the number of turns on the adjusters. Instead, use the string method, the straightedge method, or another tool. For some ideas, check out this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.