Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a nail stuck in the rear tire directly in the middle. It was a long thin nail almost as big as a carpenters nail for framing. I plugged it for now but im not sure if i can trust it, should i get a new tire or will this plug last or even patch it. I gotta get this shit fixed so i can do wheelies:D.[:M8]

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
try a search. it has your answer to patching, plugging, replacing tires. i have a mushroom patch for now on mine.

i had a finishing nail in my rear, a really small nail. but seriously try a search.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I scored a free tire at a shop, only to find a nail in it later. Got a patch put on it at the car tire shop, and no problems since. I think people are too paranoid about patching tires. Mushroom plugs are the best, by the way, and I wouldn't plug or patch a front, but I'm very comfortable w/the rear being repaired.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Let me put it to you this way. Motorcycles are two wheeled machines. Why ride around on a tire wondering if a patch/plug job will fail? It may cause an accident. If you trust a patch job enough to ride wheelies or whatever, go for it. Myself, I always get flat tires replaced. [:M32] But it's your bike, your life. Do with it what you will.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear what you guys are saying honestly my dumbass does trust the plug, i put it in and was riding within five minutes i was even doing wheelies with it. Part of me is a little worried about the plug but, i think if i got it patch i would feel a little better about it. This sucks because a new tire is a lot of money and i only have 2000 miles on this one. If i get a new tire then look for the smoke stacks, bye bye old tire [:M25]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the third time i ve tried to reply and its pissing me off i hate having to retype the same shit over and over again. Bullshit, anyway what i wanna say is that i was out riding today and i was doing some wheelies and taking turns and the plug seems to be holding up well. I got caught in a thunderstorm on my way home from Jenkinsons( a bar on the jersey shore). I had to ride for 30 minutes in the rain and it sucked specially when the lightning bolts come down, scary shit. I speed home like a maniac, bad idea but had no choice. I got a chance to test the plug in the rain and that made me happy that ists still good. I havent lost any tire pressure yet so i think it will be just fine. Im going to get it patched eventually but i dont think im gonna be getting a new tire anytime soon, cant afford it. Ill let you know how it is tomorrow after my one hour ride to school and one hour back if it doesnt lose air then its a keeper[:M111]

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you honestly have to keep the tire at least have a patch put on the inside. I plugged my tire once just to get it to the shop. I was taking a really long turn on a highway entrance and it came out and it really sucked. I almost wrecked and then I was stranded on the high with a flat tire. Be careful, man.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2000 miles on tire and want to keep it....what kind of tire is it...last set i bought were michelin pilot sports....i loved them...they'll stick in a curve, but 2400 miles and the back tire had threads hanging out....now, all i buy is race take offs one of my buddys sells to me for $100 a set and i can get just as many miles on them as the pilots...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.