Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I am new to this forum and I have a question. I am getting ready to purchase a new bike. I have the financing lined up and I am looking at getting a '08 Ninja 650R. I have also looked at the 500R as well, but felt more comfortable on the 650. I am 6'6" and about 270 so the 650 fit better.

Now for the question. What in your guys opinion is a fair offer for them to get this negotiation process started? I have 5500 cash which by what I have read here is roughly about 15% less than MSRP. Do you think that is a fair OTD offer? Or should I expect to pay a little more considering the popularity of bikes now with price of gas so high? Does anyone know the dealer invoice price on the 650R? Or of any specials or incentives going on right now?

Thanks to all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have read of people paying as low as 5300 OTD to well above MSR. I Paid just under 5600 -gear. Think that is a resonable offer, but try to get some of the gear bundled in with the purchase. I bought mine prime time in the season, Soon they will be willing to work a better deal to get them off there lot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. That gives me a good starting point. I have my financing lined up and Im ready to pull the trigger. Just wanted to get some advice before I did this.

·
Registered
122 Posts
wow i kinda feel retarted, i paid 8500 otd a month ago. although it was 0 down and i live in orlando. 08 with 0 miles on it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I GOT NO GEAR!!!! lol wellll my price could be that im 19, have no credit other than a year having a credit card, nothing bad on my credit score just nothing lol. annd i put 0 down. so i probably screwed myself, but its ok, i love my baby now. i just took the muffler off to see what it sounded like tonight....maaannn that junk is loud. however it did free up A LOT of power. so i think a slipon is in the near future

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yeah, I got mine for $6800 OTD with sliders and some little stuff included, while another guy got his from a dealer down the road for $7500 with nothing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE---- I was able to find a used 2007 Ninja 650R for 5K. It has 800 miles on the odometer. The guy bought it and then his company gave him a car so he garaged it. I thought it was a good deal. Color is blue with frame sliders - bike looks and practically is brand new. So screw the dealerships and their hidden markups. Plus I got the color I really wanted anyway. It just took a little patience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
good purchase

I got a new 2007 for 5500, so the price is right in there. No initial breakin and free oil change. Good transaction. :cheers-004:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I must have called nearly 100 dealerships all over GA before I found green as well. Course we are getting late in the 08 run. Lots of black and red ones left in GA though. Several dealerships I called said they were actually adding money to the MSRP, because of crazy sells of bikes right now. I felt pretty happy after finding the bike I wanted for the price I got. Motions in ATL is a good place to call if anyone is near GA. I got mine from Kawasaki City just south of ATL. Local dealerships wouldn't do anything under 7200 otd. One wanted 7500. Sorry but I'll drive 75 miles to save 700.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow. I had to look pretty hard to get a new Red '07 w/ 0 miles for $5750 ($6500 OTD w/ TTL). It felt like a great deal and I still feel good about it. But sounds like I might have gotten it for less...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts