Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that on the european models they have running lights in the upper outside cornner or their 03 636's this might be so in canada too but I dont think so. Well I'm not sure if they are turnsignals but If they aren't I would definately throw an amber bulb in there and then wire them to the fron side blinkers. Well back to my question now... I have a US model and if I look it through the headlight I can see a circle in the upper corner where the bubs would mount. I think I am going to drill through that circle and put an amber light there with this kit at pepboys that I saw. The kit comes with a rubber gromet and a 194 bulb. But I was wondering...Those front headlights are air tight once the 2 little circles (behind the headlight bulbs) are closed right? If I drill a hole and put the 2 blinkers up their then would I get condensation in the head light unit? I have the flush mount side blinkers so no one can see and blinkers from head on, so I think this would make my ride a lot safer and more street legal! Any one done this mod. yet on their bike? or know any info about it?
Thanks

With great freedom, comes great responsibility.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the bulbs that that kit at pepboys comes with are like 8watts or soemthing but they accept all 194 type bulbs. The wiring is also fine for going up a tiny bit in wattage. i am going to put a 23watt 194type bulb in that bulb harness. I didnt even think about those little bits of plastic though that are going to get in my headlight houseing. Maybe punching a nail through the center of where i want it and then a bigger nail, and then a bigger nail, and then with needle nose plyers maybe I could upen the hole up enough? But I know to get the best fit with those rubber gromets I need a nice perfectly round circle, so that plan might not work out. Do you think the 23 watt bulbs will show with the headlights on?

With great freedom, comes great responsibility.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.