Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, anyone find a good putty to use on plastics to fill those holes in the OEM undertail on the 03? I used some stuff meant for wood or steel, and I suppose it'll work alright. I'm waiting on some paint from color-rite, so I'll send some pics when I get them sealed up

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i used bondo body filler to fill in the holes from the grab bars and it came out real clean. i also reinforced it with bondo fiber glass from the inside. i dont however recommend using bondo to glue cracks together.

its best to have some experience with it, like adding the right amount of hardener, applying it, and etc.

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
354 Posts
This is from another site...I think the body panel is ABS

"Ordinary hardware store ABS cement (a true CAPP solution) makes for an excellent bonding agent for the ABS body work. Just don't allow it onto finish surfaces and it will mend a crack nicely. To form a fillet, you can mix ground or shaved ABS scraps with ABS cement to form a thick slurry, then apply the slurry to build a raised structure.

I learned about ABS cement after I spent many hours with auto store plastic repair epoxy restoring the mounting lugs that I crumbled with LocTite. By the way, NEVER use LocTite on any fasteners that can contact ABS. The epoxy stuff is strong and will form a fillet, but it takes a long time to cure and is thus more difficult to work with than ABS cement. It also never really "welds" the ABS together like ABS cement does."

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Bondo will accept paint over it yes, you technically dont need a primer on Bondo before painting, but I always reccomend it.

I just used a new Bondo product on my truck. After fiberglassing over some former rust holes, I used this Bondo UV to smooth it all out. It dries from UV light, no hardener needed. Works awesome, but you need to apply it a relatively dark area (or one light by lights not sunlight) so it does not harden on you before you're ready.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i use spray primer after the first coat of bondo. then i added more bondo filler to it and primered it before sending it to the painter's. im real picky about my bike and i just wanted to make sure it was sealed. i painted the bike myself the first time but i dont want to go back through the process.

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.