Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This the second week end of running the dunlops and they are scrubbed in with 400 miles on them. I rode them pretty hard for the street as I was running with a good rider on a zx10 on the way to big bear on hwy 38 and down the 18 to waterman ave. After checking the tires they were really warm, even warmer than the zx10's 02's. But the tire wasn't rolling the rubber at all, they were wearing like the bt014's at my surprise. We were riding hard as the 10 and I were 1 and 2 up the hill and down , and other riders than the original 6 joined in coming down the hill a few were close behind. Do the qaulifiers just don't roll up the rubber? They did stick well and the frt did slip very slightly coming down the 18 on the 4 lane section as I had to brake kinda hard in a turn as a car changed lanes in frt of me , other than that they instilled a high level of confidence. Any feed back would be great.

green the only way to flllyyy![:p][^]:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
The only way your goign to get those tires to start tearing the rubber is to go to a track. You probably didn't even get them up to heat on the street no matter how hard you were riding.

I wasn't able to get my pilot powers that warm at all on the street. I thought i was, but when i went to a track on them I realised I was wrong. They hit a new level of hot on the track and got really sticky.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Spelling (Qaulifiers) LoL[:M120]

·
Registered
439 Posts
Originally posted by Bret The Ripper
The only way your goign to get those tires to start tearing the rubber is to go to a track. You probably didn't even get them up to heat on the street no matter how hard you were riding.

I wasn't able to get my pilot powers that warm at all on the street. I thought i was, but when i went to a track on them I realised I was wrong. They hit a new level of hot on the track and got really sticky.
[:+1]

Gotta be on the track to tear it up that much. I did a track day with Qualifiers and they were awesome. All the rolled up rubber was gone 2 days after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.