Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, and the Dynojet Power Commander 3

Whats the 9V Power Programming Module do?
Anything important or useful?

In the ongoing battle between objects made of metal,rubber and plastic going dozens of miles per hour, and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose. Same holds for cars, trucks, walls and most animals. Draws don't count.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Eh, *cough* *cough* few more Q's, hehehe

http://www.piaa.com/h4bulbs.html

Would those Super Plasma be compatiable with the RR? And if so, how would one go about installing them? I mean, do I need anything special or just replace those lights with the current ones my bike has...?

http://kisantech.com/kisanWeb3/frameSample.htm

^^ On the Lefthand Side, click on the 'TailBlazer' ^^

Would you say, for off the track riding, this would be a good investment, or would it even matter with half the dumbasses in the world?

Alright, I think thats a total list of my current questions. BTW, think I'll do the -1/ +1 Conversion for sprockets on the RR... *shrug*

Will that be good or maybe mess up the bike? hehehehehe

Also, think I might switch the chain for a DID X Ring

(BTW, sorry this is like 3 posts long, heh)

In the ongoing battle between objects made of metal,rubber and plastic going dozens of miles per hour, and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose. Same holds for cars, trucks, walls and most animals. Draws don't count.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The 9v power supply allows you to make map changes to the PC w/out having to turn the ignition on & off like in the past. Nice feature.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will this work for the RR? Its made for the 03 636, but... the SOBs don't have one for the RR. Least not yet, will they be making one?
http://www.kneedraggers.com/index.php?partno=17-SCOTTS-69

Anyone know if Hyperpro will make one of these for the RR? If not, do you think its compatiable with the RR even though its made for 636?
http://www.kneedraggers.com/index.php?partno=22-HP-036R

Ok, onto Sprockets. On some other bikes, you can mess with the settings, can you do it on the 6RR? I'd like to take 1 from the front and add 3 to the back if its possable to do it without messing up the bike...

Anyone have a link to some reliable brake line makers who have some Kevlar Brake Lines for sale? Both front and rear. Or a site with some info on them for a brand making them for the RR...

Anyone have a link for a site with a more comfortable not-so-slide-your-balls-into-tank style seat for the 03 RR?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i'd say stay away from the trail blazer, cause it'll just confuse people. On my old F3 I had an integrator that had the option of flashing the brake lights when I was stopping. Every person I rode with kept asking me why I always flashed the brakes, so I took that function off, because it did more harm than good. People were just staring at my brakes wondering why they were flashing, and not paying attention to the fact that I'm stopping.
The oil filter should work, because the 636 and the RR take the same oil filter, same should go for the steering damper as well. I'd call the company and make sure, but there are no frame or plastic differences between the two, so I don't see how a damper would fit on one and not the other. As for the bulbs, I'm not sure if the RR and 636 take an H4 bulb, might be an H7. You'll just have to take one out and check

-Chris

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, ok. Thanks for the information.

Think I'll keep my sprockets and chain stock, now that I think about it. Not much point in changing them I guess. Was curious about the brake light, and after hearing that I think I will stay away. I want people to see me but but I sure as hell want them to pay attention, rather then mowing me down because they were paying attention to my braking then theirs, lol.

BTW, would anyone say the DynoJet Commander, in the long run, is worth it or not? Does it make all that much of a diffrence?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking into an Akrapovic Full EVOLUTION Exhaust System, so I guess get the Power too, eh?

Going to do some racing eventully. Thanks for the info everyone. :D

-----------------------------------------------
In the ongoing battle between objects made of
metal,rubber and plastic going dozens of miles
per hour, and the ground going zero miles per
hour, the ground has yet to lose. Same holds
for cars, trucks, walls and most animals.
Draws don't count.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, btw.

Anyone know a reliable site that will be making replacement seats for the RR?

I kinda wouldn't mind having one thats a bit more comfortable and won't smash my nuts into the tank anytime I stop...

Draws don't count.

·
Registered
67 Posts
FYI: The powercommander for the 03zx6rr and 03zx6r are usb and come with a 9V connector which you need in order to use it at all. And also they are the same box but with a different map loaded from dyna jet. Everything is pretty much the same between the bikes. Also the air boxes are different sizes, frame at swing arm, clutch, but stuff like the fuel injection is the same go figure.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Milesm, thanks bro, I was confused as to why they'd have two different PC's for the RR and the R when the fuel systems are the same... and I passed up a PC3 for the RR because the model #'s were different, and I coulda had it for a steal too! Oh well...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
348 Posts
I may be wrong but one of the differences between the R and the RR is that the RR has a threaded mount on the frame for a steering stabilizer and there is not one on the R. One made for a R would would work on a RR but not vice versa.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 12:56 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Question on the Kushitani Phantom One Piece Suit

Well, thanks for the help you could give. I'll give them a call. Amazing no one seems to have any info on it, guess no one is looking into a 6RR with its wild and sexy design ;)

I'm not 100% sure if you can help me with the other few questions I have, but I'll ask anyways (Don't worry if you can't, and I hope I'm not pestering you...).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------
Scotts Performance Billet Oil Filter - Kawasaki ZX6R (2003 Model)
Will this fit the 2003 ZX-6RR as well?

AGV Pro Road Race Boots
You have, in the pics, a set of Green/ white ones (Notice the trend here? Have to have bright colors to match my new bike, hehe), but in the selection, you don't seem to have them (Unless I overlooked it, and if so I'm sorry). They do make them, right?

Hyperpro Active Control Damper - Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja (2003 Model)
Will this fit the 2003 ZX-6RR as well?
And does the 'Active Control' work automatically or is it like normal
whereas you adjust it yourself?
And how much would the full thing cost. It says call, but I hope you don't mind me asking in an email, if so I'm sorry.

RS-Taichi GP Max Gloves {White/ Green} Size: ??
I'm currently using a Medium Teknic Violator Non-studded Pro set of gloves (Which I got from you guys, great gloves btw), would the sizing be the same? And how much would it cost est? (I can't afford them now, since I'll be upgrading bikes soon and thats taking all my spare cash, but I'd like to get everything set in advance so I'll know he overall costs).

All in all I've ordered the gloves & a Teknic2003 Cyclone Suit from you guys for my gear. I love the both of them. At first for the suit I was surprised to learn it had suspenders on them, with an added back support. Was pretty interesting, but since it can't be zipped into one piece, I just toss a shirt over the suspenders. Though, I think Teknic could use a little more testing for the venting system, since it gets pretty hot unless your sitting up doing about 40-50ish mph... Not your fault though, and I figure I could use this as a suit for when it hits wintertime here. Great service and costs. I love your site.

Guess I'm ranting on, sorry bout that. Once more, any information you can give me would be helpful. Thanks in advance (And if you can't give me any information on something, don't worry).

Hi James,

No hassles at all. we appreciate your business.

The filter is the same for the RR as the R

The AGV road race boots are not offered in green anymore. Sorry. The only green boot I know of is the Teknic chicane. Green has been phased out as the kawi's were getting old in design. Now of course they are the real deal!

The Hyper pro damper is supposed to automatically damper, but this is a lie! I really have nothing nice to say about the Hyperpro damper. They leak, the people who sell them suck, and customer service is mystery. Look at an Ohlins, or Scott's, or a Toby damper. You will not regret it. The cost of a hyperpro is $440.00.

The RS Taichi gloves are sized completely different. You will need a size LL in the RS taichi glove.

Let me know if you need more info.

Todd

[:0]

Damn, what a crappy damper! Glad I asked before hand, omg. Just wanted to give any info possable on the stuff I've learned. ;)

Draws don't count.

2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250
2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6RR (Soon!) =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.