Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What insurance companies are you guys with?

I want get a bike, signed up for courses last year but canceled because insurance is fucking stupid expensive. 18-1900$ a year..and you can only drive for 5 months at best in this shit province...I can get an Audi TT and pay that kind of insurance and drive it year round..

Help me out, let me know companies are good and reasonable.

Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
cry about it and then get used to it. Now im guessing because you have a quote for 18-1900 you are over 21, so count yourself lucky I got hit way harder than that. Bikes cost money especially when you are new, there isnt much that can be done. In terms of brokers, if you have auto insurance for i forget if its 4 or 5 years state farm and rbc are going to be your best bets, they will be rather cheep (less thank 1k in some cases). Otherwise since you are a new rider your only choice pretty much is Jevco.

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,551 Posts
All I have are my experiences from Alberta, but maybe it can help you a bit.

It really depends on what bike you have. Jevco insured my 09 250 for about 200 bucks a month before I had my full license (I didn't know what else to do, but I only needed that for a month...) and then it was about $450 a year after that.

I've since picked up an 09 6R, and Jecro won't touch me. Only company that will is Nordic, and it's about $1200 a year on the 6.

But yeah, just have your machines info handy, and call around. May as well ask up front if they will insure "restricted motorcycles", and save everyone some time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What insurance companies are you guys with?

I want get a bike, signed up for courses last year but canceled because insurance is fucking stupid expensive. 18-1900$ a year..and you can only drive for 5 months at best in this shit province...I can get an Audi TT and pay that kind of insurance and drive it year round..

Help me out, let me know companies are good and reasonable.

Thanks.
In 2007 i Owned 2006 suzuki sv1000s , i was paying that time 4000$ per year for bike insurance. That was the cheapest i could find at that time.
Right now i dont own any bike but i will be looking for 2011 ninja 1000 (touring bike) as I am 26 now and my insurance went down to 1900 per year. I know its not fair that bike insurance cost as much.
My cousin in Europe is paying 50$ per year for motorcycle insurance , to bad our Canadian insurance is not this low :).

·
Registered
92 Posts
All I have are my experiences from Alberta, but maybe it can help you a bit.

It really depends on what bike you have. Jevco insured my 09 250 for about 200 bucks a month before I had my full license (I didn't know what else to do, but I only needed that for a month...) and then it was about $450 a year after that.

I've since picked up an 09 6R, and Jecro won't touch me. Only company that will is Nordic, and it's about $1200 a year on the 6.

But yeah, just have your machines info handy, and call around. May as well ask up front if they will insure "restricted motorcycles", and save everyone some time.
Jebus.., Belair Direct Insured my 250 for 500 a YEAR both ways 250 deductible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts