Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been the proud owner of an immaculate ZX6R-G2 for the past 2 weeks nearly. I had a 7 year break from bikes, (previously owned 2 blackbirds and last bike was an SP-1.) Seen this and had to buy it, fairly sensible purchase as i been off bikes for a little while.

My mate came around, who is still biking and i had the urge to go around the bike shops, and seen this truly immaculate G2, 11,000 miles on the clock and in pristine unmarked condition. Came home, HPI checked it and also did a milage verification check which both came back genuine and a squeaky clean record. Love the bike. Complete with original tool kit and everything... NICE. Not ofthen you see that on a 12 year old bike huh?

Anyhoo, i changed the oil and filter, checked the air filter, that was clean. But my main query is, is it true that I have to remove the carbs to replace the speak plugs??????? I read it somewhere and i thought that sounds fekkin silly. I know that I'll have to remove the airbox, but surely not the freakin carbs??

Attachments

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Ummm...

Take the fairing and tank off and look at the engine and get back to us?

Although granted.. I've had the all off on my bike also and never thought to look for the spark plugs either.. Ill have to remember to next time I change my oil.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
lol as far as I'm concerend ,it would be ridiculous to need the carbs off..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts