Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to separate instrument tachometer assembly from front nose piece with no luck. It seems that I am having trouble removing two screws. They are located at each outside edge sort of near the headlights. They are what attach the the tachometer to the outside edges of the fairing stay. They are so DAMN tight I can not get them loose. Any tips or suggestions, anyone else have this problem? Thanks for any info....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm glad im not the only one! i still haven't gotten it. pita

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
the worst bolts ive run into so far were the headlight screws (loc-tite) which led to damn near stripping them.... and the freakin bolts for the ram air.. there was SO much loc tite on them I acutally ended up having to break the bolt/clip etc, what a mess

·
Registered
61 Posts
just loosen the screws that clamp the ram air intake to the frame and remove it all with the upper fairing...along with the fairing stay. This will make it much easier to remove the screws in question (you'll be able to reach them very easily...also make sure you have the proper size screwdriver or you'll strip 'em out).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it finally, although with a friends help. He is the lead mechanic at a local yam honda kawi ducati dealer. I guess proper tools make everything easier. he used some sort of cordless impact drill. Came off easy!

Thanks for all the input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.