Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys...tying up all the loose end of my project while I'm waiting for more supplies to come in...

My question is, can I reroute the line that went to the air vent filter between the air intake tubes to a line that feeds into the carbs, and feed it into the air cleaner base plate (as in the pic)...that way it will air get filtered air from the air box?

Thanks,

GunRunner

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,773 Posts
there's no real "air flow" in that tube...it lets pressures equalize. The OEM filter is some very porous open-cell foam....to keep big junk from tumbling down the tube.

The more steady of a pressure that vent sees the better...air box pressure in the pre-filter volume will be best IMHO....but since this is very custom...I have no idea what you plan to make the air box like. I'd try to reproduce the original volumes (especially after the filter).

Should be wicked fast though...

· Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys....and yes, its a 05 ZZR 600 mounted into a 88 Kawi Tecate 4. The motor only has 5,812 miles on it...all I like now is the airbox, chain, exhaust, and building the battery box to go back in where the oem airbox was...and yes, all the OEM plastic does fit into place without rubbing...

GunRunner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.