Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have a 01 that i rebuilt from a salvage title. a friend wants to buy it for 4500. i know if i try to sell it in the future i wont get that much. so i want to sell it and get a left over 03 or a new 10r.

anyways, has anyone here bought a new bike and is 21 and doesnt have that much credit. i have some, but i dont want to pay high interest. is it possible that kawasaki has programs just for my situation, or did yall have to get a co-signer?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I was kinda in the same boat but i'm 24...I went through the Kawasaki Good Time credit card... 3.9 interest for 3 years, but then they jack it up to 17.9 interest until you pay it off..So if you can get it paid off in 3 years, which you probably can if you get 4500 for yours, i'd go through the Kawi credit card...

·
Registered
331 Posts
i got in on the Kawi 0-0-0 deal. i didnt pay a DIME to get my bike, put it all on the Kawi Card (this was in March though), and its no payments and no interest till '04. I just sold my '58 Olds 2 weeks ago so im going to pay off the bike in full before the interest kicks in (17.8% [:O])

i was 23 at the time i bought it, but ive already had car loans and student loans to build up my credit...

good luck!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, ill try the kawi card. so how much credit do we get that card? enough to buy the bike? i couldnt find any credit limit info on their site.

·
Registered
239 Posts
it depends on how much they approve you for; each person is different depending on what they find when they review your income, monthly bills and other relevant credit info.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Originally posted by arturo3rd

yeah, ill try the kawi card. so how much credit do we get that card? enough to buy the bike? i couldnt find any credit limit info on their site.
I was approved for the full amount of my bike. I got no payments, no interest, and 0 down until 2003 (bought my bike in april '02). Paid it off quicklike too, they wanted 17.9% interest if not paid in full in time. If you can do it, go for it.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got approved today, i will get the card in 7-10 days. the 0-0-0 deal, was that during promotional period on the "good times" card or sale on all motorcyles? when i applied it said 17.9%, i hope i didnt apply to early.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i figured about $262(17.9% interest) for 36 months on a bike thats $8k out the door. maybe i should of waited until they had a promotional deal, damn!
ill try and cancel it and re-apply again when they have a promo deal, hopefully it will pass through the cracks.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do want to get into personal bussines, but how much interest are you guys with a 03 paying? how long?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I put three grand down and I'm paying 137 per month for 36 months. I think my interest is like 7.9. Not sure, didn't really pay attention, that's how bad I wanted the bike.:D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn, i now want zx6rr, they still have some here in houston. decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
266 Posts
hey arturo im in houston also, tomorrow i will go trade my 02 in, check cycletrader.com and you'll see good deals here in houston. where i bought my 02, which is in texas city the zxrr is going for like 7249 or something like that. lets just hope that i get atleast 5000 for my 02 if that doesnt happen ill sell her on the side.. oh by the way the first time i got approved for the kawasaki card i got 6500
and i really didnt have much credit, just one credit card. today i got a 2000 credit increase sounds good. check what i did i bought my bike got the 2.9 deal for a year when the year came i refinanced it with my credit union and i got 5.7. and im 21 which dont mean a thing unles you have alright credit. oh, if you decide not to sell your bike to your boy holla at me i'll sell him mine 02 and i'll cut him a deal. 832 277 2025

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they have a zx6rr for 7249 out the door in texas city? never thought about going out that far, but i will travel for a good deal.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they have a zx6rr for 7249 out the door in texas city? never thought about going out that far, but i will travel for a good deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.