Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I want a 250R, it's the perfect bike for me to get started on. However, the dealer told me there are about $1500 in fees for tax, title, registration, and crap like that, in addition to the $3500 or so for the bike.

How much of that $1,500 is legit and how much of it is bs? I wanted to get an inexpensive bike but it looks like it's adding up already.

Please share your experiences and tips with me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
all but maybe $200 of the $1500 is bullshit add-ons. call them on it or move on. you didn't mention where you are. j

·
Registered
647 Posts
if you were lucky like some have been you can get it for 3499 otd!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Please share your experiences and tips with me.

Thanks!
My tip, from my past experiences to this same question, is to search this forum for the info you seek. There is no "right" answer and the bike is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Registration fees, title fees and other fees are different depending on the state you live in, so it will vary a bit...
As for me, I paid 4100 out the door, tax, tag, title and all in Florida, and I dont think you're going to get much lower then that here unless you know someone.
I've seen lower prices in other states, but some places the dealer doesn't do the tags and stuff, it's at the dmv.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Read all the posts on crashing. Then reread them. Then get a used 250 and learn to ride. Then get whatever you want.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in Southern California. Anyone have dealer hookups down here? How's Honda of Hollywood?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I'm in Southern California. Anyone have dealer hookups down here? How's Honda of Hollywood?

Thanks again!

Honda of Hollywood was a nightmare....for me at least. I told them I was set on a 250 and the guy spent like 45 minutes telling me that I would do just as well on a zx6r! I just sat through it to hear all of his 'logical reasons' why as a new rider I would benefit from the added power of the 6r to get myself out of trouble.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Bump. What's a good dealer down here? How much in fees can I expect to pay?

You can expect to pay whatever they feel like charging you and then realize that you can really do nothing about it. BS fees will be anywhere from an extra $500-$1500 on top of MSRP. Depends on where you go....doesn't matter if you go with cash, or use their credit card, or bring your own loan.......they will charge you market value for the bike. Which at this point appears to be around $4500+.

·
Registered
586 Posts
its usually tax tag and title then crate fee witch is around 500 here, i paid 4200 otd for the bike but another 380 tacked on for my yoshi

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, thanks for the advice, guys! :)

Funny enough I was at two different bike dealers today and both of them tried to upsell a 650 to me, saying I would get bored of the 250 within the a few days. When I expressed concern about being a newb, they said, "This is quicker, it'll get you out of trouble faster!" :Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
314 Posts
most of the crap they add on on top of the msrp is random crap that they dont even need to charge for from kawasaki. and the rest is overpriced "assembly" of the bike. but they might try to stick it to you since the 250 is a hot bike at the moment and inventory is short. but you might get lucky with that dealer or find one that doesnt try to nickel and dime you as much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts