Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When its cold, I have to pull it down, so how long to I sit there? Do I just wait a couple of minutes or slowly begin to ride and begin to push the choke lever up simutaneously?

Drive it like you stole it

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Soon after moving the choke lever to rear and starting the engine, move the lever bit by bit back to the front until the engine idles without choke.

Move the lever all the way to the front before riding.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I believe that you're not suppose to ride at all w/ the choke open. Can someone confirm this?[?]

I need a girl to ride, ride, ride...

·
Registered
501 Posts
According to my manual you are not supposed to ride with the choke open. [^]

Death to boulevard cruisers

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
when starting your bike after its been sitting open the choke all the way. after 10-15 sec close the choke a quarter and give it a little throttle....approx. 2-3k rpm. release the throttle then close it another quarter repeating the same step but this time giving it a little less throttle. repeat until choke is completely ;)closed.

Vin:"I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time"
Arturo:Hahahahhaha...Why?

·
Registered
768 Posts
I gradually give less choke until it can run by itself. I usually start my bike, wheel it out of the garage, close the door, and the choke is off before I get to the end of my alley.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
325 Posts
When i got my bike, the mechanic at the dealership told me, if the bike is cold, full choke until the digital temp reads out a number, then slowly back it off until bikeruns with no choke, and you are off and riding once the bike hits 122 degrees. Some people have told me to wait until 144 to ride, because it could cause damage to the engine, but i have found that at 122, the bike is still cold, but warm enough to start rolling. and it picks up pretty quick after that, and it only takes 3 or 4 min to get it up to 122. Riding a freezing cold bike just makes me a little nervous.

2002 zx-6r
green, of course

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a 2000 6R, and in the AM's when it is cold....well like under 50 - if I start it and leave the choke closed all the way for longer than maybe one minute tops, my RPM's start to climb. Fast. very fast. Is that normal? I hope so. Mine is closed all the way literally within 2 minutes and then I wait till I get a temp on the gague to even move it.

Nazarah, a fully certified intimate apparel bra fit expert.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, the revs climb fast on mine too, the more recent I have ridden it, the faster they climb. I keep backing it off gradually untill the temp registers on the gauge. I usually ride as soon as the temp registers. It first comes up at 104, I usually take off at 108 or 110.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.