Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
I noticed this morning my FI light came on after I strated my '09. The idle rpms were quite low at about 1000 rpm.
I touught I'll use the same "fix" I use for the "Check Engine" light on my car - off and on again.
Unfortunatelly it did not do it, so I try again.
Arfer the second restart the FI light went off and the idle rpms were OK at about 1200-1300.
I wander should I be worried about that.
Anyone else had that happen and any DIY fix or it is a trip to the dealer?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, That looks like something that I can do and decide from there.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
It's probably in your best interest. See what code(s) you get and then post them up. A dealership will try to charge you about $90 just to pull the codes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
error code is 62 - something about sub trottle

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Kawi's fix for a subthrottle actuator is to replace the throttle bodies.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll probably look into this a bit deeper when I have some time to do it properly, but for now when starting in the cold morning (below 10 deg C) I just give a slight twist on the trottle to raise the idle above 1000 prm. It seems to work well - no FI light on :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
the bike needs idle and fast idle adjustments as outside seasonal temperatures change.
adjust the fast idle screw (next to the idle screw) on the right side of the bike so the engine initially runs between 1500 - 2000 rpm for some time before it drops to normal idle. counterclockwise to bring them up (not 100% sure, you'll have to try), do it before you start the bike in the morning.

ps. from your signature I believe you're an old school eastern europe biker right?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I am. Born and raised just couple of hundred kms east of you :)

Thanks for the tip. I'll look more into it this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts