Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still dont understand why some people go take a tooth out of the front and + 2 in the back. Can someone here explain what it actually does to the bike, Do you get higher or lower top end does it make it easier to do wheelies. Basically I just want to know when you take tooths out of the front or back what does it do to the bike? or when you add then to the back what does it do to the bike? I want to do a setup that will be good for wheelies and good for the track?

·
Registered
579 Posts
-1 +2 Its for better pull coming out of a turn. Oh and its easier to bang wheelies with this set up too. You'll lose a little top end, but you won't notice. And your mileage will be off a little. What else can I think of?? Oh changing out the sprockets like this changes your final drive. So Depending on what track you're on you can play with the gearing to get the best exit speeds possible without having to sacrifice some of the top speed when you hit the straight. Hope some of this theory help you understand the drive-train better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.