Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering the differences between the V1 and V4 stabilizers. I can get a used one for 250 OBO(along with a two bros for 450OBO, so imma try for $600). I was wondering if I should go for the two bros alone or try and pick up both. Is it worth it getting the V4?

Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
the V4 is the newer edition, it is smaller, lighter and has more adjustment capability ( 20 settings i believe)

i personally have the V1 which works great IMO and only has 8 settings but i hardly ever adjust it

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i have heard a LOT of people complain about the V4 leaking. so much so that a dealer i asked about it no longer sells them

i have a V1 and am completely happy with it. never had any problems.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I have the V1 and have not had a problem with it. I personally would get the used damper and the exhaust instead of buying a new one.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I have the V1 and have not had a problem with it. I personally would get the used damper and the exhaust instead of buying a new one.

+1 as long as the shit is in good working condition

·
Registered
199 Posts
i have heard a LOT of people complain about the V4 leaking. so much so that a dealer i asked about it no longer sells them

i have a V1 and am completely happy with it. never had any problems.
yup ive heard the same thing about the v4.. i also have the v1 and am very happy

·
Registered
213 Posts
JUNK i have seen so many of the things blow it is not even funny... they are a generic form of the Scott's damper (witch are well know for blowing too) if i were going to gt a damper right i would look for a hyper pro or olins

fuck gpr!!!
i personally know people that have full sponsorships with gpr and in private they say they re JUNK

·
Registered
213 Posts
and at least you can have a scotts rebuilt.. gpr are made in china and have no REAL technical support

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I have the v2 of the GPR, no issues. Only thing that sucks is anytime I fuck with the tank or anything under it, I have to take it all off. Even after all those times on and off, no leaks. I have mine set a 3.5 for streets, and track I'll bump it to 5 but I don't ride that hard.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3.5? How many settings does the V2 have? Well the guy is asking 400 for the exhaust and 200 for the stabilizer(new). So I am going to try and get 600 shipped. Also what settings do you guys use?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
well the setting really depends on the person and the fluid inside the damper. i don't know if gpr put different weight fluids in different dampers (unlikely they changed fluid during the production of one version). you can get the fluid changed out for heavier/lighter fluid to suit your preferences. i think the manual said (haven't read it in years) that if you're riding with it at either extreme of the scale (1-2 or 9-10) then you should change fluid weight.

anyway, my V1 has the original fluid in it and i ride with it (street) on 5. that is just where i start to feel a difference and where it's comfortable to me.

dude...i hated it at first. all it does is restrict the movement of your handlebars. i was like "why the HELL did i spend all that money on something that inhibits steering?!?" i grew to like it, though. you will to. when i jump on buddies' bikes with no damper, i realize exactly how much i like mine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was going to order a GPR but heard about lots of them leaking, a local around here has a v4 and it apparently hasent stopped leaking even after being rebuilt and replaced so I hold off getting one...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dammit, the guy dosen't want to ship or do paypal lol.... time to convince him.

·
Registered
65 Posts
my bike came with with v1. i set it to 5 and really have not touched it. is 8 used for long highway trips that you just wanna go straight or what purpose

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have used both the V1 is great works just fine and plenty of settings..The V4 same thing works fine just has a hole lot of settings lol.You honestly wont go past 10 well unless your drag racing or doing a 100mph stoppie lol.But even then just way to many settings

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've had the V4 for about 8k miles now - no leaking, no problems - very easy install. I'll confirm with a previous post that going higher than the 10 setting out of 20 makes it near impossible to turn the handlebars at all, so I do find it to have an unnecessary amount of settings.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts