Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
QUick question... I couldnt get my fuel pump to kick in... and i just thought... where do the grounds connect? I have 2 connected to the battery but i think there should be only 1... one is the regular connector, another is one that is a small wire with a crimp connector on it... for a screw to go through the middle. Is that supposed to go to the battery or frame? if frame, is that why my pump wouldnt work?

·
Registered
185 Posts
you will have one going to the battery and one black and yellow with a ring going to the frame where you hook up the rear screws on your tank. be sure to get it closest to the frame for best grounding.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i just ended up w/ a problem tonight, my bike would shut off once and a while, esp. when i jammed the brakes hard,. I noticed my clock reset too. I figured was the batt. Clean the ends up good. It took away my hesitation off idle and the motor feels ALOT better not to mention the lights seem brighter and more steady.

·
Registered
653 Posts
frank post a picture of under the seat for camaro i dont have my cam with me so he can see the way ts hooked up its easier to show it.
casual

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just looked through my service manual.. and yea.. it shows exactly where it goes... thanks! I couldnt figure out why my fuel pump wasnt working for the life of me... it was working when everything was apart, but not anymore.. cuz i dont have the frame grounded to the battery.... im gonna go rip the tank off and stuff and see if it works.

·
Registered
653 Posts
take a picture when u done and pg number in manual for the next person who has this prob i dont have my cam right now or else i would go and take a pic
casual

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.