Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an'09 ER-6n and i want to lower my bars maybe a nice drag bar with no rise, or clip ons if they are even an option. has anyone done this to an ER-6n is it possible. i love my bike but i think a bit more of an aggressive riding position would be cool.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've seen the lower drag bars, I think I've seen some pics of members on these forums with them. I don't think it would be too hard or expensive to do.

·
Registered
603 Posts
How about a link or something, so we know what you're talking about....

TonyBKK runs clip ons. They're pretty easy to find, take a look HERE for ideas.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
has anyone actually used these bikemaster drag bars how hard is the conversion
What "conversion" are you talking about? Remove old bars, install new bars, job done! :D

Ok, ok, mebbe I'm being a smart ass again :D Perhaps you're wondering if the bars you're looking at are already drilled for the Kawasaki controls and threaded for the Kawasaki bar ends? I honestly don't know, but those are very minor issues. For the controls you can either measure your stock bars and then drill the holes yourself or cut off the little plastic tabs from the controls and install them wherever you like. For the bar ends if those bars aren't threaded you'll just need some aftermarket bar ends of your choice. Cheap and easy to install.

Ride On!

Tony

·
Registered
341 Posts
Most say drag bars vibrate alot, but there's bar snakes, bar ends, and different grips to limit that.
Personally, I really wanted to try them with an offset riser block to move them further forward (should allow them to be tilted down without hitting tank. I think). Might look/work better on an '09+ type of bar mount... but didn't want to try it with my '07. I decided to go the safe route, and ordered LSL superbike low bars. May not be as low as I really want, but they look nice, and will be better than stock.

Personally, sport bars just don't do it for me. They look like a weird addition/adaptation. But I understand the position is probably the best. Same with the Southside Machine bars... just can't get over the looks. The more angular 09+ can pull it off, but my '07 is all curvy, and the bars are jagged.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL thats funny reddoak. yeah i ordered them. if i don like them ill try the ones nor*calian suggested. if that is the case I feel bad for all the seals in alaska.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Clip ons are an option for the 6n. For the 6f they foul the bodywork if they're fitted properly (below the top yolk) but in any case you might find them a bit too low for road use.

Biggest complaint I've heard about most drag bars is that the ends of the bars have (or rather don't have) a curve that compliments the natural position of the wrists, but there are exceptions.

Rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am also looking at the drag bars. The guy I bought the bike from had Vortex clip-ons, but like an idiot I said I didnt want them since I was still new to riding... So I talked him down in price and he removed them and put the stock back on. The Drag bars are significantly less money than the clip-ons, but how do they handle? I actually do mostly in-town riding.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I went the sportbars route, and I absolutely love them. They are significantly lower than the stock bars which I couldnt stand. I wanted a less upright position without trying to turn it into a supersport 'cause that's just not what the bike is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
After considering all options inc. Dragbars, ninja sportsbar, any lsl handlebar and almost all clip ons I've finally decided and just installed the woodcraft clipons (2piece with risers)

No clearence issue with the tank, but has interference with the 2008 head. I've used the 1.5" risers though risers don't work, just requires more mod.

Riding position is quite sporty - Iguess... I never rode a racing before:) - anyway, indeed very low. I'm a m size guy, 180 in height and think I'm at the limits of those clipons. Bit shorter arms or smaller body will give you pain, that's certain. But the feeling is unbelievable...
Personal experience; Better control on higher speeds and worse on very slow speeds.

Cut it to the chase, if you have the slightest motive to deploy clipons, you should go for it. Tony here was the only ref I could find on the web with clipons on his er6n before I did mine. And I'm quite happy I did it...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPod touch app

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts