Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered some lockhart phillips frame sliders (the frame sliders where you don't have to cut the fairing).. i took them to a bike shop and they started telling me how useless these frame sliders were. i was told that if i layed it down, the frame slider would bend up and cause damage to the engine cover, then they told me about these other "kickass" frame sliders that would require cutting the fairing...

so, are they just trying to get me to spend more money? or is there really a problem with the lockhart phillips no-cut frame sliders?

·
Registered
342 Posts
My friend went down with no cuts and they were fine, im not sure the brand but they were cheapo's. Make sure there plastic and not aluminum. He was hit in the rear by a drunk driver and the bike was just about ran over and the car kept driving with the bike under it. The bike as destroyed and the slider where it was no cut bent a little but didnt do anything to the frame that it was attached too.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
lots and lots of threads about this topic...go to the search and look up frame sliders in the subject

but yeah, "cut" sliders are real and many on here swear by them

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was riding just the other day and I looked back in my mirrors and saw my friend go down, probally around 45-50 mph, bike went crashing into the woods. I am convinced that his left hand (clutch side, the one with the bracket) saved his bike from being totaled. The metal pieced bent, but we were able to ride the bike home, and it was a pretty horrific crash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.