Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently bought a 04 636... i'm not gonna be riding it until the beginnin of next season but i start her up and go around the blocks from time to time... i've noticed that my Oil Window fogs up quite a bit after I shut her down.... does anyone have any idea why this is happenin?? there's moisture getting in there somehow...

should i park her up completely from now??? or try flushing it out and changing the oil??? has anyone had these kinda problems??? thnx

it's an 04 with 4,000k's...

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
you can/should change the oil, if you just got it. just for piece of mind, so YOU know its good.

but, it sounds normal mositure to me.

thick mayo like stuff, is a indication of water/coolant in the oil.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i take the cap off... there is some thick mayo type stuff on it... kinda like what your explainin and it was sort of bubbly on the edges... this is bad???

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
when i take the cap off... there is some thick mayo type stuff on it... kinda like what your explainin and it was sort of bubbly on the edges... this is bad???
could be.

BUT, thats is also somewhat normal...depending on how the bike is ridden.
alot of short rides, that dont get the bike up to temp, will draw alot of moisture, without enough heat to burn it off.

change the oil/filter, and keep an eye on it.

try not to ride it unless its going to get fully up to temp, as this will help burn off the excess moisture.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
change the oil just so you know it's got fresh oil in it. with only 4K on it, it very well could be old. with low miles on an 04', it's been sitting a lot. it sounds like moisture has set in on it. if you rode it a lot, it'd evaporate out eventually.

a car will do the same thing if left sitting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts