Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to all this track stuff. I have been hearing about Nesba and Wera. Do you have to be a member of these road racing orgs to go to the track or are these orgs just help you out at the track with classes and other things? Is anyone affiliated with either Nesba or Wera, what are the benefits of join either of them?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Those are two of the roadracing clubs. They require you to have a licensing school/clinic and a racing license before you may race with them. I don't know if WERA and NESBA run their own schools, or what school they'll take as credit for license clinic. Both NESBA and WERA have internet forums and websites that probably have information on how to get started racing with them (actually, I know WERA does, its WERA dot com).

There are trackday organizations, which would be the first place for many people to start on the track - they'll give you the basics of safety on the track and try to organize folks into groups of similarly-skilled riders, to help keep things safer. For less than $200, you might try one to see if the track is for you.

As in my signature below, I race with ASMA, in New Mexico, and AFM in Northern California, both regional organizations. WERA is national, I believe NESBA has "New England" in their name, and there's also CCS, which has regional affiliates - I'm not sure what the mid-Atlantic affiliate is named.

Other organizations exist, but are probably too far to travel from Virginia, until you get good and hooked on racing.

·
Registered
320 Posts
NESBA is a trackday organization , not a Racing organization.
They host trackdays.
WERA is a Racing organization , not a trackday organization.
They host races.

You DO NOT need a race license to ride with Nesba , but you do need a race license to race with WERA.

In order to get a race license , you need to pick a racing organization that you want to race with and find out which schools they recognize for thier licensing then complete the school and apply for a license.

There are many race school's , if you want to go that route and need help narrowing down your selection I can try to help a bit.

Seeing how you are in Virginia , I would recomend Cornerspeed at VIR , Virginia International Raceway in Danville VA.
I race with WERA and they recognize Cornerspeed as a valid licensing school.
I completed Cornerspeed to get my racing license and I think very highly of Aaaron Stevenson and his program.

If you only want to do track days for now , you can join a trackday organization that will have their sessions grouped by experience level such as Beginner , Intermediate and Advanced.
Alot of Orgs ( like Nesba )have control riders ( instructors , on track supervising riders ) that can help you if you ask them.

If you have any other questions , feel free to ask.

·
Registered
481 Posts
^^

Whups. I think I thought of LRRS when I read NESBA. I'll go back to remedial Internet school now...

(why doesn't this forum allow edits after 30 min?)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Originally posted by kz2zx
^^

Whups. I think I thought of LRRS when I read NESBA. I'll go back to remedial Internet school now...

(why doesn't this forum allow edits after 30 min?)
I saw that you are out in Arizona and that you figured that Nesba was one of the many Racing orgs on the east coast .... :D

Just wanted to clear it up for him.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guys great info thanks!! another dumb question Do I have to wire the oil plug if i go for the first time or this is only required if i join an organization like wera?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Everything 554 said

then add to what 574 said

and you will have it covered

come to VIR on a event day an check it out

it is a blast , a real cool enviroment noothing but education all day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.