Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 zx6r and I was wondering who makes the best sounding slip on? Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just got my 2002 back from the shop w/a carbon yoshi RS-3 pipe, sounds real badass - nice deep growl. I highly recommend it! [:p]

"It's not the size of the Gun but the caliber of the Bullet that makes the biggest hole!" -SDF

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have a D&D carbon bolt on and like its noise. It's a personal thing...they all sound a bit different at different rpms. I wanted a cabon pipe and just so happened I found a super deal on the D&D off e-bay so I couldn't pass it up.

Old enough to know better...young enough not to care.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Again, this is another topic that you should do a SEARCH for, it's posted all the time...

But I can tell you I've heard zx6r's with YOSH, D&D, HINDLE, AKRAPOVIC, and I've heard other similar bikes with KERKER, MICRON, MUZZY, MIG and TWO BROS. (and maybe some others if I think about it?)

The LOUDEST pipe I've heard is a Hindle... especially for high-rpm WAIL... it's a screamer.

The YOSH is probably the quietest I've heard... it's sorta DEEP and GRUNTY... but hasn't got the high-rpm scream at all... VERY polished and smooth sound...

The D&D and the MICRON are similar to me. Both close to the HINDLE for volume and high-rpm scream. But deeper overall.

The AKRAPOVIC has a nice sound, but not as loud as D&D and MICRON. 2 BROS is snorty too, kinda like AKRA. MUZZY is grunty and pretty loud.

But I've got a buddy with an R6 with a HINDLE... I want to record it and post it in the Spring for you guys. The R6 is a screamer to begin with, likes to rev, and throw a HINDLE on it... YIKES !!! It's borderline RUDE. I love it... heh... even at 6,000rpm it sounds like it's having its neck wrung. WILD.

I just ordered an Akrapovic for the new bike... I'll post my thoughts after break in is done and I install the new pipe.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.