Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed the kawi fender eliminator. moved the lights to the plate bracket. Now the inside of the tiny trunk are wide open on the bottom. Any suggestions for closing the holes????

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
121 Posts
yeah im wondering the same thing. when u remove the stock side plastics that the signals connects to it leaves big gaps on the side.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
when you put the seat on, they go away. don't worry about it, jesus still loves you.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Take out the toolbox and use the little bin, don't shove stuff off to the side. I lost a pack of smokes down there before I did my fender elim and I wished I had those "holes". It was a bitch getting that pack outta there!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the pics. I was wondering how long it would take the rocket scientists to throw up the ever popular worthless/w/o/ pics or the re-post. It kills me that the guys with thousands of posts can't think what the prob might be. Question, do they do things to there bikes or just talk about them. Sorry about the attitude but, if you read many of these posts you see quite a bit of "smart guy bashing the new dumb guy" remember before you had a million posts you where a new guy too.

·
Registered
651 Posts
ok... on the stock rear signals that you just took off, go get them and a dremel tool w/ a cut off wheel. Now take a look at the whole signal thing you took off, on there you'll notice that the plastic has two parts. A smooth and a rough part. I'm at work so i can't tell you which one it is, but you just cut the lower part off following the line between the smooth and rough. Then you take the tail off and put the top part back on the bike. And tada... looks great! Yet there's a slight gap...but looks hella lot better.

If you needs pics... I'll have to take some later tonight.

·
Registered
703 Posts
cut the removed plastic s to create your "filler" like fairbanks said ......or use the removed plastics as a pattern and fab up some new parts out of sheet plastic or alu. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by Fairbanks ZX6R
ok... on the stock rear signals that you just took off, go get them and a dremel tool w/ a cut off wheel. Now take a look at the whole signal thing you took off, on there you'll notice that the plastic has two parts. A smooth and a rough part. I'm at work so i can't tell you which one it is, but you just cut the lower part off following the line between the smooth and rough. Then you take the tail off and put the top part back on the bike. And tada... looks great! Yet there's a slight gap...but looks hella lot better.

If you needs pics... I'll have to take some later tonight.
Ill have to give this a shot. Im getting my fender eliminator this week and was wondering about that... if you could post pics it would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
nice job. i'm going to do the same when my akra comes in next week.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As always thanks for the great tips. Got to put some miles on the bike today. 60 outside in Cleveland. This was the first time riding with my new PAZZO shorties and I love them. Hope all other northerners have had the chance to get out too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.