Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for all those who have wrecked their bikes or layed them down, and had to replace any of the plastics/fairings.... where did you get your parts from? Ive heard www.ronayers.com prices are good and they carry what i need (i want factory pre-painted pieces, dont want anything that needs painted).

I know a friend who works at the dealer i bought my bike from and she checked today and said she can match ronayers.com prices, which makes me think their prices to begin with werent that good if a dealer is matching them.

Also neither ronayers or the dealer come with stickers already on them.... are there any places that DO offer them already with stickers? Im just worried about the price and more so the placement of the stickers if i have to put them on.

So what info can you guys give me from those who have had to do this before??

btw i need to replace the whole front piece (around the headlights), mid and lower right fairings, and whole tail section which is one piece.. about $950 total (before stickers) :(

·
Registered
879 Posts
Ouch... I just dropped mine last night, but nothing cracked. Got some ugly scratches, but I'll live with 'em. I've never replaced any fairings though, so I can'r offer any advice. Glad you mentioned that about ronayers not having decals in place... I didn't know that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
what color bike u got? if its the SE with teh flames ur lookin at 600+ for decals alone so u might as well forget that. but if its any otehr color, id just get a kit from tapeworks.com for like 60 buxs and just take 2 hours to put them on.

im lookin for new plastics and i havent found anything to have the stickers already on them, but ronayers.com has been cheapier compared to the shops around me. gas tank from ayers 404 gas tank from where i got my bike 500. i think imma go with the carbon fairins from OPPracing myself. but heres a link to OEM style decals for much cheapier than it would be from kawi themself

·
Registered
810 Posts
they never come with stickers, but its easy as hell to put on. I'd check EBAY first for stolen (lol) or used parts, then go through ron ayers. or dealership if they match the price (cause ron takes FOREVER to ship)

·
Registered
563 Posts
The easiest way to put on decals is to windex your plastics first, then put on the decals and you can still move then around to get it just right. Work out all the air bubbles with a hard edge (like a credit card) and then the windex will evaporate, leaving your decals looking great.

Also, you will not find factory plastics with the decals already install. They simply do not come from kawasaki that way. Check with your dealer and ask them to work out a deal, say 15-20% over cost since you are purchasing all the plastics. See what they are willing to do for you. Ron Ayers get's their parts the same place your dealer does, direct from Kawasaki.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The cooolest thing happened to me after my reck, I posted up on here in the classifieds, and luckily one of the forum guys owns a kawi race team... they buy stock bikes and convert them to race. So after telling him what I needed, he just told me that he'd just sell me everything. I got a hole new set of plastics(upper, both mids, both lowers, and tail with tail light), headlights, and mirrors... all for $875 shipped...

So that's my advice to you, se if someone here on the forums owns a race team or just has parts laying around, classifieds man... classifieds...

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
i had to replace my right fairing and went to local place about 25-30 miles from my home called Moto Insanity, they got me the plastic already painted for $170.

BTW, fuck the stickers. the bikes look better without 'em.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I know for sure on Ron Ayers that the RR fairings come with the stickers on it. He buys like over 25 bikes at a time (rr's) and turns them into race bikes and then sells off all the fairings with the stickers still on them. Not sure about R's though. I personally got all my parts from bike bandit and a some from Ronyers. My tail section came from Ronayers and there were stickers on it. My upper front cowling I got from Bikebandit and it came wrapped in the oem plastic brand new. Real simple install and was actually fun doing. Like a little puzzle, I was actually amazed how simple that hole front end is to put together. Really check for cracks there probably everywhere, that headlight assembly is ususally the first thing to break from what I hear, mine was totally broken and everything kinda hangs together on the front end, one messed up piece and it all goes together crooked and wrong. I tryed to fix my headlight assembly myself and thought it was perfect and everything went together all fucked up. But yea Ronayers Rules!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
replaced my 05 titanuim with 06 black from ebay...just be patient and you will find a good deal.....i found all plastics, seats, all inside and frame plastics, gauge cluster, tank with fuel pump and headlight...shipped for $1100

·
Registered
980 Posts
Ebay, spent $700 total for every piece of bodywork. Just have to watch the auctions.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I just bought a new an upper and a lower left fairing from ronayers. How long does it usually take them to ship. Are they ready to install right out of the packaging? Also how much work is it to remove the decals just off the plastics, not the tank?

·
Registered
149 Posts
recently laid mine down also... so far XDCYCLE.com has the best prices so far...deaqling was killing me..so started looking around...check it out bro..:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.