Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i searched but couldn't find anything (and not just the 250 forum), maybe my search terms weren't specific enough.

but anyways... does the CF help dissipate the heat better? what i mean is, i've accidently had my legs touch the exhaust a few times after a ride (such as after warming up the bike for an oil change, then i'll go put shorts on to work on it) and i'm wondering if the CF exhaust cools down after and doesn't get as hot as the stock.

my guess is that it prob can get just as hot, but i'm hoping it cools down quicker for accidental brushing up against of the legs.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ps. i plan on gettin an exhaust anyways, this isn't the only reason lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah it totally does. I went on a ride with my friend(on his 2006 Ducati 1000ds) and after we got done with the ride. Within two minutes he was grabbing his exhaust showing me how it was loose. He tried to touch mine and burnt his hand. I guess he didn't appreciate how well carbon fiber dissipated heat. I freaked out when he put his hand on his exhaust though. I thought he was gonna burn himself. I didn't realize they dissipated heat that fast. I knew it was faster but not that fast. Carbon fiber is also really strong and light.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
you can touch the cf pipe with the bike hot and running and it will not burn you. it will be warm but it wont burn you. dont touch the metal tip though

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the responses and awesome to hear... now to get it re-jetted first

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Fun (and yet stupid translation). The carbon fiber is horrible at transferring heat (when compared to metal). It is in fact an insulator. So when I park my bike (with a standard core CF Area P) you can lay your hand right on it and not feel an inadequate amount of heat. Like fishinking and NMRider said though, the METAL parts still dissipate some mean heat though :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah i have the area p and the can never gets too hot to touch. got it jetted too and now its like a new bike. totally reccomend it, now i don't need to wait for it to cool to put my cover on which is nice if i get home real late.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts