Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, I have a question for you all. I found a 99 zx-6r for sale in my area and was wondering what a good price for it would be. kbb.com has it listed at $4,896, which seems kinda high for a 4 year old bike. It has a d&d slip on on it(has 2 or 3 dents in it, and a small scratch mark on the lower right side. I didn't get a chance to look at the odometer so I'm not sure how many miles it has on it. There was also no price listed so it might be an OBO kinda deal. I want to know going into it what a fair price would be so I can bargain better with the seller ;) thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
1999 zx6r for 4000.00 with a jet kit and a full titainium exhaust . Windscreen is green . 12,000 miles. Runs strong .
Not for sale , that's what my boy paid for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
WAAAAAY too expensive. I just bought an 01 with 4700 miles for $4700. The tires were in bad shape, but the engine is strong (I rode it 800 miles already), has a Micron color matched pipe, custom signals up front, integrated rear lights, smoked windscreen, bent right front rotor (about $100 to fix), and a cut off fender for the eliminated look.

Overall a great bike. I got a good deal, but drove 3 hours to get it...and back!

I just sold my 98 ninja for $4700, but it had brand new sportech M-1 tires, pro grips, double-bubble windescreen, second look bra, custom pegs, muzzy pipe, jetted...GREAT bike, but it had 12k miles.

Take the retail price and the trade in from kbb and average them. Deduct for dents, broken parts, scratches, things you need to fix. Add for a pipe (max $300; I paid an extra 200 for the 400 pipe on mine) and any other extras, but never retail price. Would you buy them if you paid full price? If not, don't pay extra for them.

Contact me if you have other questions and I have a lot of experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.