Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock is 15 front, 40 rear.
2nd gear wheelies should be doable without clutch by going to a 42 rear.
for 3rd gear wheelies, its a little more difficult on a 600, but doable. dropping the front to 14 should make it easier.

Keep in mind you'll be losing top end speed changing the gearing, and you'll be shifting more often.
Also if you go up 2 in the back (to 42) and down 1 in front (to 14) thats pushing it whether the stock chain will still fit, you might need to relpace the chain with a longer one.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure.. but going down 1 in front is about the same as going up 2-3 in the back..
I would not reccomend less then 13 up front, your chain might start scraping the swing-arm.

Maybe someone with some more experience here can help ya.
I dont see people going up 4 in back often though...

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whas up everyone...i am a noob to teh board. i had a question the sizing of the sprockets. i have a 2002 zx6r and i wanted to know what the stock sizing is on the front and rear sprocket....and also what would be a good combination for doing wheelies in second and third on just throttle (not clutching)...thanks:D

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think the chain is too short for 4 up on back. 2 maybe 3 should be max on back. i went up two and it is barely making it.

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
With a stock front sprocket, the stock chain will fit a +1t or +2t rear sprocket. It will not fit a +3t or larger rear sprocket.

Instead of a stock front and a +4t rear sprocket, you can fit a -1t front and a +1t rear sprocket for nearly the same final drive ratio. The stock chain will fit those sprockets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.